chapter 12

AN: this is a very cliche but spicy chapter so get ready😭😭😭  and also pretend that Emma is an ex and she's gone for good. just makes it easier for me LAWL

Emma helped me out with the yukata in the washroom. we both emerged, looking like festival baddies. Yuzuha stopped mid sentence to stare at the both of us in awe, and Jack tore his gaze away from her to look. he gave us both a thumbs up while I raised my eyebrow at him.

Jack and Yuzuha, huh? I LIKE IT! DATE!

I bit back a snicker as the four of us made our way back to the rest of the group.

"I can't wait to see Draken's reaction," Yuzuha wiggled her eyebrows at me. Jack didn't seem to hear her because he was too busy laughing at her face.

"you took the words right out of my mouth," Emma giggled, linking arms with me and tugging me forward.

my face flushed in embarrassment and nervousness at the thought of Ryuguji's eyes on me, taking in my appearance from head to toe...

Yuzuha nudged me from my thoughts. I looked up from my feet, my eyes locking with the only person that could make me nervous.

his mouth was slightly hanging open in awe.  Takemitchy and Mitsuya were poking him, and he straightened up, fixing the collar of his shirt. Smiley whispered something to Ryuguji, which earned himself a hard slap to the neck. the rest of the boys laughed.

my stomach was tight with nerves. I suddenly felt the need to release some gas. "how does it um, look?" I asked nervously, dusting myself off so I wouldn't have to meet his gaze. I heard the others start to shuffle away to give us some space.

"there are no words to describe..." he trailed off.

I looked up into his glittering eyes and laughed, giving him a playful punch on the arm. "you're so cheesy."

"only for you, princess," he smiled, but chuckled right after, rubbing the spot I punched. "how are you so damn strong?"

"psh nonsense. that punch wasn't even half of my power," I waved it off and clung onto his arm. it was pretty crowded here at the festival, and I didn't want to get lost in the crowd. I pulled him along, following the rest of our group.

~~~

all of us naturally split into smaller groups so we could cover more festival ground; me and Ryuguji, Emma and Takemitchy, Yuzuha with my brother and her brother, Angry and Smiley with Mitsuya.

currently, Ryuguji was trying his hand at one of the games. his goal was to fill up the ballon with water first before any of the other kids beside him. yes, kids.

I burst out into laughter and watched his tall figure struggle with the water gun and the bullseye, while the kids were doing it with ease. a vein popped out on his forehead from the effort.

it was cute.

"let me do it," I wheezed from laughter, nudging him behind me. I heard him sigh.

I took the water gun in my hands, used the little thing on the top to aim, and pressed the trigger. the water splashed right in the middle of the bullseye. it was tricky, but I got the hang of it.

my balloon popped first, with the kid beside me in close second. the cheery automated voice recording congratulated me, and said I could pick any prize. I chose the biggest stuffed animal that was there, and made a face at the kid (because I'm petty like that), turning towards Ryuguji.

he was laughing, clapping his hands together. I held out the stuffed bear towards him with an innocent smile on my face, acting as if I didn't just make a child cry.