chapter 28

⤳ very slight sa and some corny moments💔

⤳ read at your own risk baes

-

"...did you miss me?"

I shot up from the nightmare, my heart pounding erratically in my chest, beads of sweat running down the sides of my flushed face. my eyes adjusted to the darkness of my room-

this wasn't my room.

I glanced around in increasing panic. the covers were plain and white. the windows on the right side of the room were shuttered, beams of moonlight seeping through the small gaps. the room itself was pretty neat, with a wooden wardrobe on the left side beside the door. I have never seen this room in my life.

where the fuck am I?

I moved my arm to wipe my face, but something prevented me from doing so. I tugged frantically and winced at the hard material that bound my wrist. I peered closer at the metallic object, realizing they were handcuffs... 

I was handcuffed to the headboard.

lawd, I better be dreaming.

"what the fuck-?" I hissed.

thankfully my left wrist was free and I twisted in the bed to tug at the silver cuffs. obviously it was no use, but it didn't hurt to try. this was definitely not a dream.

I swore, slipping out of bed and going as close as I could to the window without breaking my wrist. my fingertips barely grazed the shutters as I stretched towards it, so I turned my body, using my foot instead to lift it from the side.

the view was the dark night sky, cloudy and depressing - just how I felt. from the window, the corner of a bright building was visible from where I struggled. I made the inference that I was in an apartment of some sort. somebody's apartment.

what the hell happened to me?

I swore again, coming back to sit on the edge of the bed that wasn't mine. it was only then that I realized I was wearing a big tee and underwear and nothing else. my underwear yes, but not my shirt. I brought the material to my nose and sniffed curiously. it took a while for me to register the fragrance, and when I did I almost threw the shirt off.

I couldn't though because I had no bra.

"fucking Hanma," I muttered, clutching at the sheets with my hand. that movement alone brought flashbacks racing through my brain.

I was in the security room with Hina and Yuzuha... those three guys forced their way in... I was pointing a gun at Kakucho... then... then...

"Hanma knocked me out."

the strong urge to vomit rose up in my throat. I remembered bumping into Hanma and how I immediately turned the gun on him, but he easily overpowered me, suffocating me with a rag that stung my nose and my mouth as I tried fighting his grip.

and now I was here.

I had no idea how much time has passed since then, and I had no idea if Hina had gotten help or if Yuzuha was safe. I prayed that they were okay.

of course this had to happen to me on my birthday. and Ry... he must be worried out of his mind.  

"that bastard Hanma," I growled, tugging the cuffs against the steel poles of the headboard with a soft clang.