chapter twenty-two: bonding.

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆.

"You must be Y/n, nice to meet you, come in

"You must be Y/n, nice to meet you, come in." EREN'S MUM UTTERED, her gentle soothing voice, toned with a vast amount of evident glee, as her large doe hazel orbs remained fixated onto the canvas of your bitter face, blanketed over with an unsettled expression she had managed to catch onto.

She had only been able to pick up on your nervousness, based on the unsettled expression glazed onto the frame of your face. The way your thickened lips laid in a motion of discomfort, resting beneath your pearly whites as you fiddled with it, in an attempt to soothe the array of thoughts scarred into the atmosphere of your thought-swarmed mind.

And also, the way your brows furrowed subtly and eyes staring at the neatly arranged tiles, in a failed attempt to shift your awareness elsewhere.

Carla could sense the unsettled thoughts that embedded its daunting presence within you, just by stealing a mere glance at your body image. She took mental notes of the uneasiness your body had been coated in a layer of, and reminded herself to treat and cherish you as if you were a frail piece of decor, laying ethereally fixed against the other breathtaking pieces that you were bundled against.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Carla!" You replied to the woman, after a lengthy time period of attempting to string together an answer, in a attempt of enlightening her that you had taken an interest in her presence and your ears were hers. You took in the sounds of her voice as if it was the last sounds ever to be protruded into the canals of your tender ears.

Carla moved away from the door, creating a hefty amount of space for you to enter. You took the shopping bags, recently purchased, and settled them on top of a shelf that rested above a lowered cabinet. The reason why you had rested your bags above the sage green counter was merely due to the discomfort your muscles were smothered in. The discomfort entwined within your muscles were a result of the piles upon piles of clothes stacked on top of each other.

As you settled the bags down, Eren approached you, taking the bags off of the counter and heading into a room, you had no recollection of, leaving you alone with his mother, staring at one an other. Carla only let out a gentle sigh as she focused her gaze on you.