chapter thirty-five: no one loves you like he does.

𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒

13.0k words. read with caution. warning, these topics are mentioned: talks of self-harm, hospital setting, talks of violence, past acts of self-harm, talks of suicide, gentle angst, subtle sexual acts, guilt, opening up, mental struggles, risking your health, talks of the past, crying, talks of isolation + many more undisclosed topics. If these topics may trigger you, refrain from reading. all of you are so damn quiet, I'll edge you with the next chapter istg, it's smut.

"Where am I? What is this all around me?" You mumble to yourself, attempting to pull at the wires that were threaded into you, embedding itself inside of you with no proper permission. The coursing of wires overwhelmed you, causing you to feel tense as it restricted the movements within your body. You heavily felt as if you didn't need them, they came as a sort of baggage to your troubled mind.

"What are you doing, Y/n?" The moment you heard the arid tone was the moment you had lost it all. The seed of confusion was instantly drained from you, as now you were aware. Aware of the fact that you had been taken to the hospital because of the conflict that had taken place. You wondered how you were still alive, not resting elsewhere.

"I want to take it all off, Eren," You mumble, feeling his warm tears pelting against your face as he held you.

"Don't do that, Y/n. You don't want to fall unconscious again. You've been unconscious for almost a week." You frown at the bland ceiling, unable to shift your head properly as a burning sensation rested within the spot - multiple spots.

"Being unconscious was nice you know. It was all nice until I had a dream about some red sea and you, that caused me to wake up. It's weird as fuck." Eren's eyes widen slightly at your calm words, words so calm it mentally decapitated him. How was your state possible in such a situation? How was the willow tree within your mind not perishing, withering to such an explainable degree?

"I had that dream, too. We were at the beach, you tried to get help, then we both were in the sea, you tried to save me but failed in doing so." You glance at Eren, a weird sensation resting within you as you were unaware you both lived through the same dream as another, with each other.