chapter twenty-five: next to you.

𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔

𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔

YOUR EYES FLUTTERED OPEN IN A SLOWED MANNER as you went to take in your surroundings

YOUR EYES FLUTTERED OPEN IN A SLOWED MANNER as you went to take in your surroundings. Your gaze was instantly met with Eren's slumbering figure as his arms were laced around your aching body whilst you were engulfed in a warmth provided by his own body. You buried yourself deeper into his broad chest, releasing a soft hum as you felt his fingers begin to unconsciously trace its way beneath the fabric of your shirt, drawing upon the skin that laid there.

You closed your eyes once more, a darkness of which no light remainedd, blinded your mind, setting a feeling of peace within your body as you succumbed to your desire to fall asleep once more.

▬▬▬

"Y/n, wake up!" A voice called. Your eyes parted subtly once more, as you glanced at the frame planted in front of your eyes: Eren. In Eren's calloused palms, rested a beige tray, flourished neatly with portions upon portions of food, resting in an appealing manner. A small smile bloomed upon the base of your face, as the thought of Eren, taking time out of his day to formulate varieties of foods to satisfy your body, settled in your mind.

"Good morning to you too, Jaeger," You uttered sarcastically, raising your fingers in a balled fist to your eyes, to rub away the lingering sensation of sleep that rested.

"Good morning to you, Mrs Jaeger." He unconsciously released, with no recollection of what spewed from his lips until it hit him. The gasp that left your lips set an array of butterflies to pool within the man's stomach. A deep scarlet hue painted itself across Eren's face as he gently placed the tray onto your lap as you sat up on his large bed.

"Come here," You proclaimed, a smile blooming upon your lips as he had gone a crimson hue, with embarrassment evident on his face. Although the blush remained smeared upon his tanned cheeks, he still inched nearer to your body, to a point where he had you placed so closely in front of him, he was inevitably granted an opportunity to weave himself into a subtle shape, to press your body into, leaving you snuggling into the delicacies of his heat.