chapter twenty: in his arms.

𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒

𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐒.

You found your body, cradled by Eren once more

You found your body, cradled by Eren once more. Your body did not once deny him access to hold you, instead, it granted him permission, trusting him with every aspect of your body, pleading with him to hold you close as if you were a prized possessions he held very dear to his heart. Your tears stung as they had embedded themselves into the depths of your once smooth skin. You felt the worn-out tears buried beneath your lash line, dry up in one particular spot, with not an ounce of visibility spotted. It was merely clear tears with no pigment evident.

The tears that lied upon your cheeks, you felt no need in clearing it off of the spot it lied in, you left it there with not an ounce of concern for it. You disdained the fact that tears flowed freely from your eyes, as if they had been freed from some sort of caged cell. It caused a sickly feeling to pool in the midst of your abdomen and you despised it with an obvious state of hatred.

But you had no motivation to wipe them, they simply slipped down your cheeks, eventually dampening Eren's shirt as you laid on him. Eren just let your seeping tears dampen his shirt with no care in the world. You were in his arms, so he didn't seem to have to worry as much, since you fitted against his body snuggly as you were the last piece of a puzzle meant to complete the masterpiece in the workings.

"What do you wanna do?" Eren asked, slightly pulling away from your sheltered body.

"Up to you." You muffled.

As soon as the words left your lips, Eren's phone began to ring, the slowed song played in the background as his phone rang. You sighed, burying your head deep into the plush pillow as Eren left your side to tend to the phone call. It didn't bother you as much, as it seemed to potentially contain some sort of importance as he wouldn't have left your side if he wasn't expecting it, maybe you were wrong, but that was what you chose to believe.

"Hello, Mum." Eren chanted, a certain glee lingering in his green doe eyes as his whole demeanour slightly shifted as he was engulfed in the conversation that seemed to please him. You continued to listen in, focusing on Eren's features as he continued to talk to his mum as if he was a little boy, he continued to update her on his life and what was occurring, he really did love her.