ᵇᶜ²chapter forty-three: towards the tree on that hill.

9

9.4k words: a synopsis of acts: time skip, no angst, fluff, discussion of the future, revisiting childhood memories, talks of their daughter, pregnancy, brief mention of the downsides of pregnancy, outdoor cinema, kind of, eren being cute, constant crying, eren crying, brief mention of self-harm, how proud she is of eren + potentially more subjects. vote; angst free. mind errors.

author's note: five chapters left. gold.

A blissful night had flown by; the morning was due to set in place. Though you had always started off your day in your bed, you remained nestled within Eren's arms, in your unborn baby's nursery. You and Eren were finally choosing what you wanted to adorn Eden's nursery. After all, you had discovered, at your baby shower, that you were having a firstborn daughter. Eren was heavily excited at the news, you could recall him swaying you from side to side, jumping up and down with glee — his reaction was priceless.

Blame wasn't something you put on the two of you. You had both been working on the nursery, even if you were seven months pregnant, being prone to struggling to maintain your stamina. It wasn't that you were unable to move around and all, but it was just Eden had you constantly tired, peeing frequently and constantly kicking your stomach — it was becoming overwhelming at certain points. But one thing you could say with sincerity is, you couldn't wait to be able to give birth to Eden, ridding her from your body.

But you had more time to settle at home, without having to fall asleep mid-way through all of your work. This was due to the fact that you and Eren had graduated from college, finally being able to pursue your lives together — you were both set to inherit your parents' company soon. But even so, you were set to do it in the comfort of your home, so the two of you weren't as worried as you thought you would both be. Simply because you had both helped managed your parents' companies before. Just this time, you were set to attain it all.

Everything in your daily life was how it had always been: soft, beautiful and calm. Eren had been tending to you as he always had, buying and helping you with practically everything — he would always bless you with comfort. Whether it was gentle cuddles, soothing and rubbing your stomach, or reading to you and your baby, he did everything. Everything for the both of you and himself. He was loving every single moment of your pregnancy, even if it was you ugly crying, yearning for snacks — he still loved it all.