𝘉𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘙𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 🌈 𝘒𝘶𝘳𝘰𝘛𝘴𝘶𝘬𝘪

"Kuroo! Look look, Hanazawa-san got married!" Bokuto hands his phone to his best friend who was situated on the opposite side of the couch.

"Woah! With Ono-san, good for them," Kuroo's eyebrows perk up.

Bokuto jokingly slaps his friend by the side of his arm, "When are you guys getting married?" 

In its light-heartedness, Kuroo was able to laugh it off and give a simple comment of not yet talking nor thinking about it. Nothing harmless but, the impact on Tsukishima who was unintentionally listening nearby was greater than a volleyball slammed on his face.

Kuroo and Tsukishima have been dating for 9 years to date, ever since Tsukishima was transitioning to his 2nd year of high school. And yet, with such shock to many, they haven't gotten married yet.

Same-sex partnerships aren't hard for them, considering they're from a district that respected partnership certificates. A few of their queer friends have been married and yet, the two seemed content with being just boyfriends. 

To others eyes that is.

In reality, the bitter truth was Kuroo did want to get married, have a family, and settle down after a few years. Something Tsukishima didn't really talk about.

Kuroo always avoided asking since Tsukishima did openly express how he found it troublesome considering it wasn't even legally recognized that two lovers o the same sex can get a partnership, moreover get married. 

Between a family and Tsukishima, Kuroo found his lover irreplaceable. He felt content with his relationship with the blonde, willing to put a family and a spouse on hold although sometimes he cannot help but hope.

"Do you want to get married?" Tsukishima asks while setting down a cup of coffee for Kuroo, making the older guy chuckle while Tsukishima sits beside him and leans his head onto Kuroo's shoulder.

Kuroo kisses the top of Tsukishima's head, and by habit, he usually responds with, "I'm happy with where we are Kei, do you?"

Tsukishima would usually reply with a remark that agreed with Kuroo but that night was just different. He looked a bit sad but regaining his composure before his lover could even point it out. With a smile, Tsukishima sighs and shuts his eyes.

"Not really,"

Kuroo raises his brow slightly, the television giving out background noise as he takes a sip of his warm coffee. Sweet and not too bitter, something he's always liked and something Tsukishima always delivered day in, day out.

He clears his throat and changes the television channel before intertwining his hands with Tsukishima, "As long as you're here to bid me goodbye and we'll go home together, I don't mind," he softly caresses the back of his boyfriend's hand.

Tsukishima slightly raises his head, only to be gently returned to its place by Kuroo. "If what Bokuto said earlier bothered you, it's fine," he pauses, "We don't have to be pressured. I'm happy as long as Kei is by my side,"

Tsukishim chuckles, "You're always so sappy,"

Kuroo leans over and presses a gentle kiss on his lips, "You love me for it,"

"Gross," Tsukishima rolls his eyes but the lingering love in his eyes never fades as he looks up at Kuroo, making the older man feel secured. The water heater suddenly beeps, making Tsuki stand up before pulling Kuroo up the couch. 

"C'mon go take a bath,"

"You aren't going to join me?" Kuroo pouts before being tossed a towel onto his face. 

"In your dreams," Tsukishima sticks his tongue out before turning the TV off and entering their room while Kuroo enters their bathroom in feigned disappointment.