𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦 ☆ 𝘜𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘒𝘢𝘸𝘢

☁️ 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦 ☁️

"Captain sure hates the ace from Shiratorizawa huh," Kindaichi stuffs his hands in his pocket as he walks beside Kunumi.

"Right, it's almost too comi-" he suddenly stops when he sees Oikawa take a turn different from his usual home route. "Kunumi?" Kindaichi looks at him in confusion.

"Was that captain?" he mutters and Kindaichi looked on in confusion. Kunumi just shrugs it off as they continue to walk home, going in the opposite direction Oikawa went.

Oikawa on the other hand, had his heart beating fast with his phone pressed against his ear. He was almost skipping along the pavement too excitedly when the other line answers.

'Tooru,' a deep voice rings through his ear.

He grins and tries to contain the happiness in his voice, "Ushiwaka-chan~" he greets.

'I'm by the bus stop already, I'll see you there when I arrive,'

"Don't get your panties in a twist, I just got off practice a few minutes ago," he stands on the platform of his own local bus stop.

'Oh, well take care then, please don't use your phone while you walk,' Ushijima sighs across the line while Oikawa pouts, "I won't, don't worry," he brushes off as the bus approaches.

'Also, I don't wear women's underwear,'

Oikawa laughs and sighs, "It's a figure of expression, Ushiwaka,"

"The bus is here, see you later!" he shuts off the call and hops on the bus. He was heading to his distant family's small vacation home in the mountains of Miyagi. And he was there to have a sleepover with his boyfriend, the one and only, Ushijima Wakatoshi.

The two appeared to hate each other, on and off-court so it would come as a surprise to anyone to hear that they were dating. With no hard feelings, the two decided to keep things hush-hush, with only Iwaizumi and Tendou knowing aside from both their families.

They slept with each other every other week, in the secluded mountains for maximum privacy and so that nobody could see them.

Despite the facade they put on the court, both of them loved each other so much.

Oikawa hops off the bus to see Ushijima standing by the entrance of the trail. "Wakatoshi!" he widely smiles and flings himself towards his big boyfriend. Ushijima catches Oikawa with his strong arms and hugs him tightly, not needing words to express that he absolutely missed Oikawa.

Warmth filled both of them, hugging each other in the dark. Ushijima breaks away and kisses Oikawa's cheek, taking his hand and then his luggage on the other.

"Shall we?" he asks as Oikawa nods, "Yeah, let's,"

They walk their way up towards the mountain trail, Oikawa fiddling with the keys as they reach the clearing. An old Japanese style house laid before them, still surrounded by the dark.

Ushijima lets go of Oikawa's hand and open his phone's flashlight to assist Oikawa in opening the lock. "It's been a while," he starts before unlocking the door, sliding it open, "Yeah," Ushijima replies plainly.

Oikawa flips all the switches open, an orange glow of the plaw colored lights illuminated the small house. "Have you eaten yet?" he asks Oikawa while setting their bags down.

"I ate a gari-gari bar on the way home," he replies while pulling out the mattresses on the tatami floor that was separated by a sliding door. "That's not proper food," Ushijima bluntly states. He sighs and starts connecting the gasoline to the burner.

"Did you bring anything?" Oikawa pokes out his head from the door of their bedroom. "I brought sushi and curry with rice, I'll heat them up,"

"Mkay!" Oikawa goes back to focusing on their beddings. There was no bed but they were all used to sleeping on the tatami anyway. He lays down a large futon and 4 pillows before patting it to make the air underneath leave.

The smell of curry wafts around the house, making his stomach growl. He makes his way out of the room and into the outside kitchen to see Ushijima mixing in their meal. It was just like playing house, but this time the food was edible and they were alone for 2 nights. Oikawa wraps his arms around Ushijima and leans his head on his back.

"You okay?"

He feels the vibration on Ushijima's back as he spoke, simply nodding his head in response. In reality, Oikawa wasn't okay. He felt drained and exhausted but he was happy to be with Wakatoshi. "Do you wanna soak in the tub for a while? I could start up the fire for you," Ushiwaka suggests.

"I'm fine for now," Oikawa lets go and rests his chin on Wakatoshi's shoulder instead. "I wanna take a bath with you y'know," he pokes his boyfriend's cheek, the latter unfazed by Oikawa's suggestions. "Then I'll join you," he states in such a deadpan voice it makes Oikawa laugh.

"Geez you really are dense," he sighs and lets go completely. Ushijima plates their food and hands it to Oikawa. "Uwahh, thank you Ushi-chan~" he takes the plate as they both take a seat on the house's engawa, basking in the cool night summer air.

"How was your week?" Oikawa asks, scarfing down the curry. Ushijima calmly chews his share and swallows, taking his time to answer Oikawa. "It's fine. I oversaw a first-year try-outs today," he sets down his plate on his lap and purses his lips. Oikawa tilts his head to the side, sighing as he sets his empty plate down, "Lemme guess,"

"None of them meet my standard. All of them think they're good but that's farther from the truth," he sighs and eats once more. Oikawa frowns and crosses his legs. "You really are a volleyball airhead,"

Ushijima looks at him with an almost offended look on his face. Oikawa's eyes widen as he scoots over to Ushi's direction and hugs his arm. "Sorry did that–"

"–Then that makes both of us," Ushijima smiles slightly and sighs. Oikawa raises his brows and giggles, "Yeah, it really does,"

They both fall silent. Oikawa clinging to Ushijima's arm and Ushi just sitting there. "Hey Wakatoshi," he starts to mumble, gaining a concerned look from his boyfriend.

"Am I enough?"

"What do you mean?"

Oikawa looks at him like he's about to cry, "I mean, I really feel like I'm out of your league, and there are more powerful opponents more than me. And I know how much you value your games and all," he explains, frowning and pulls away.

Ushijima looks at him with heavy conviction, as he doesn't hesitate to carefully tug on Oikawa and press a sweet kiss against his lips. He brushes his thumb over his cheek, holding Oikawa in his arms tenderly before breaking away. "Tooru,  I know we're both very involved with volleyball, but I can at least separate you from my volleyball life," he seriously states, deeply looking into Oikawa's watery eyes.

"I know I might have said hurtful things the other day when I told you to come to Shiratorizawa, and I'd never do it again. I love you for you, Oikawa, I don't love you just because you're good in volleyball,"

Oikawa engulfs his big boyfriend in a hug, sniffling as a single tear flows down, "I- I'm sorry, I was just feeling down lately,"

Ushijima pats his back and hugs him back tightly. "It's alright, I'm here," he caresses Oikawa's hair, "So let everything go tonight," he breaks away from the hug and kisses Oikawa's nose, making the latter giggle.

"Thank you, Wakatoshi,"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Please refrain from 'iWaiZuMi rEAdiNG tHis: *eye-mouth-eye emoji*'

It's a rare pair and it's a stand-alone story, please be rational with your comments :>

And, I'm sorry if this isn't as good as the other rare! pair stories I have. I kinda have a hard time writing Ushijima's attitude without being too annoying, I'm working on it. (✖╭╮✖)