𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘻𝘶 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺 ☆ 𝘒𝘪𝘺𝘰𝘛𝘢𝘯𝘢

PROMPT WINNER #1 mister_vanilla!! Thank you for your contribution and I hope I meet your standards. Lots of love! Happy Valentine's Day!

♡♡♡

Gulping and pulling his collar, Tanaka tightens the grip on the bag of Ohagi and Daifuku while Kiyoko pats his arm and smiles at him, amused by his nervousness.

"You're cold,"

" 'm a little nervous," he stiffly answers, making a chuckle escape from her. "Well, don't be. If my father tries something then we can leave,"

Taking a deep breath, Tanaka nods as Kiyoko presses the doorbell to her childhood house while faint scuffling comes from behind. "Oh my~! You must be Ryuunosuke-kun, welcome home the two of you!" a cheerful old lady greets and opens the door widely for them as Kiyoko takes her hand and kisses it.

"It's nice seeing you Obaa-sama,"

"Pardon my intrusion, Shimizu Obaa-sama," Tanaka bows and hands her the box of treats with both hands with his head still lowered, feeling the box slip away from his fingers as she takes them from him, "Thank you so much, you shouldn't have Ryuunosuke-kun!"

"Ryu is fine ma'am,"

"Alright alright, come on in," the cheerful old lady guides them in as Shimizu smiles comfortingly at Tanaka, "She's my grandmother from the father's side,"

"She's super nice," he holds in his tears as relief mixes in with his nervousness, "Oh god this is scarier than I thought,"

"Calm down, you're going to fumble if you keep panicking," she sensibly scolds before bringing him to the living room where the temperature suddenly drops and the pressure gets heavier.

'Is her family a bunch of ghosts?!' Tanaka internally weeps as he stiffly walks in with Kiyoko, "Mother, Father, thank you for having us," she bows her head as the mother smiles, not sweet but it was enough to be polite.

"I see this is the man you decided to marry," she eyes the ring on Shimizu's finger, "Yes, Tanaka Ryuunosuke,"

Tanaka gets on his knees, letting his forehead touch the floor as he bows down, "It's a pleasure to be invited by you, Ma'am, Sir," he greets and waits for the signal to get up and raise his head.

"Take a seat," her father bellows, making his goosebumps slightly rise before he straightens his back and takes a seat on the couch that was behind him as Kiyoko takes the other seat. Her grandmother comes scuffling back into the room with plated pastries and a pot of tea, setting down five teacups before she takes her seat at the middle and single seat.

"We were so shocked hearing our dear Kicchan was getting married, and at such a young age," the grandmother starts as Kiyoko nods at Ryu, signaling him to start pouring the tea. 

"I'll do it, Obaa-sama," Ryu reaches out before tipping the liquid into the ceramic teacups, his hands a bit shaky as the grandmother looks back, pleased. 

"We decided two years was enough waiting for marriage," Kiyoko speaks while Ryu continues to pour tea out for them. Setting the teapot down on its coaster, Ryu nods and tips his head blown, "I'd like to ask for your blessing for Kiyoko-san's hand in marriage,"

"And if we object?" Kiyoko's father, Kiyoshi, the man she took the 'pure' variable from, stares down at Ryu as he gulps. Kiyoko whips his head towards him, "Outo-sama!"

"With all due respect sir, I have no plans of letting go of Kiyoko-san unless she says so," Ryu clenches his fist, "But it would have to come from her,"

She looks at him in surprise, knowing well this wasn't one question they were able to prepare for. "I may seem like an unreliable guy, but I promise that I'll try my hardest to make Kiyoko-san's life comfortable and happy as my wife,"