Can Hearts Even Fucking Do That?

"I've been watchin' you for some time. Can't stop staring at those ocean eyes."

-Ocean Eyes, Billie Eilish-

Xavier

A tiny frown appeared on her forehead as she concentrated her gaze on the burger which seemed to be bigger than her hand, debating where to bite it from. 

I was already done eating and while everyone was absorbed in conversation and their food, I leaned back slightly, practically staring at her. She had a smudge of sauce right beside her soft lips, along with a spot of sauce on the tip of her adorable nose. 

I smiled as she popped a fry in her mouth, her eyes twinkling at the fry as she picked it up. Her long fingers tried to hold the entire burger but failed, burger sauce lacing her palm, but she looked unfazed by it all, simply enjoying her food. 

What a gorgeous fucking mess. 

This woman right here, is my girlfriend. 

She finished eating and walked off with Alaia to wash their hands and returned to our booth with a wide smile on her face, making my heart fucking swoop and somersault. 

Can hearts even fucking do that?

She carefully slipped her ring back on to her finger and looked at it with a smile so beautiful, I could've scooped her in my arms and kissed her like my life depended on it.

"How's your birthday going, babygirl?" I asked and she looked at me with her soft brown eyes.

"It's amazing, Xavier. Thanks to all of you," she replied, a blush highlighting her cheeks as I smiled at her, placing my palm on the smooth curve of her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"Anything for you, princess," I whispered, softly kissing her cheek as she blushed deeply.

"We should head back home guys. After dropping Axe and Alaia, that is," Yasmine said and everyone agreed, slowly slipping out of the booth and heading towards our cars. I placed my arm around Valentina, and Axel tightly held her other hand.

We dropped off both Axel and Alaia since we planned to go to the club afterwards. After we made several pinky promises to Axel about coming over to play with him soon, we headed home to get ready for the club.

The girls chatted animatedly and shut the door to Valentina's room. I picked out a black shirt and pants, pairing it with a black waistcoat. We waited in the living room making fun of Austin's beach shirt, when the door to her room opened.

The silk red dress clung to her, every inch of her perfect body.