Dessert For My After Party

"I'm jealous of the rain that falls upon your skin. It's closer than my hands have been."

-Jealous, Labrinth-

Valentina

Now I was extremely happy this morning. 

Maybe because it's a beautiful morning. 

Maybe because of the sunshine, the wind and the chirping birds. 

Maybe because yesterday started with me giving Xavier a blowjob, and we spent most of the day watching movies and having heated make out sessions. 

Who knows? I'm just happy. 

I literally skipped into the washroom and freshened up; my mind nervous yet so desperately excited to see Xavier outside my door. I finished doing my usual makeup, opting for a deep crimson lip today to match my black pencil skirt and blouse, and also because I was feeling somewhat sensuous. 

I swung open the door and the cold air hit my face, and I felt as though Xavier wasn't here.

Strange. 

He left without me?

I walked to the office in deep confusion. If there was emergency, why did he not wake me up? We could've gone earlier and dealt with it together. Anyway, it must be something important as he left without letting me know or even leaving a note on the fridge. I grabbed some coffee for him and myself before entering the building. 

The receptionist was back today, and her temporary was gone so I asked her how her husband is doing, since he was down with the flu and she took some days off to take care of him. Jules seemed delighted that I remembered and shyly told me that everything is fine now. I smiled at her and walked to the elevators, balancing the coffees and feeling my stomach flutter like crazy as the top floor approached. I confidently walked to Xavier's office and contemplated on whether I should knock.

I mean, I gave the man a blowjob and he's slept with me when I was half-naked. I doubt I need to knock his office door. But I was so terribly wrong.

Xavier was sitting on his chair looking at something on his laptop. 

Which was not why I froze. 

A blonde woman was bent over beside him, her blouse a little somewhat small for her chest, which would be crushed against Xavier's face if he turned right. Her arm was around Xavier, resting on his shoulder and her palm was right on top of his, maneuvering the trackpad along with him. They began laughing at something like best friends, and I cleared my throat to direct their attention towards me.

"Valentina, come in please, meet Anna," Xavier said, his eyes looking at me for a brief second before turning back to Anna. 

Now why did I think he would come up to me, hold my waist and say he missed me?