I Think I Just Proved That I'm The Man of Your Dreams

"I still remember the moment we met,

The touch that he planted,

The garden he left.

I guess the rain was just half that effect."

-Heaven, Julia Michaels-

Valentina

After what happened yesterday, I doubt Xavier would ever want to talk to me.

I mean, he said he'd never give up on me and I ran like lightning.

I vaguely feel like an invisible audience of people hate me from the bottom of their hearts right now for leaving a perfect man in this insane manner.

But that can't be true. Right?

I've been strolling around Xavier's office for an hour now, my mind remembering every single moment of our kiss yesterday, secretly hoping it happens again.

I'm also having to scold my own conscience for these thoughts, while simultaneously waiting for the man who will always have my heart.

When did it get this messed up?

The phone rang and startled me for a while, but I rushed to receive it.

"Hello?" I asked uncertainly, praying to hear Xavier's voice on the other end.

"Ms. Fontaine?" A man spoke in a gruff voice.

"Uh-yes. That's me."

"I'm John. Mr. Knight's driver. He wanted me to inform you that he won't be coming in today."

"Oh. Okay. May I ask why?"

"He's feeling under the weather, I'm afraid. Between me and you, I have asked him to go to the hospital. The fever seemed quite bad when I met him, and he has no one to take care of him either," John explained, a small hint of concern laced in his voice.

"Of course, I understand. Can I come over to see him?" I asked, well more like my mind which went rogue and desperately wanted to see Xavier.

"Sure. That would be great. He needs help," he replied, and that was all that took to make me rush out the door in my heels.

The doorbell resonated and the main door opened automatically after a beep.

"Mr. Knight?" I called out, and there was no answer.

I walked up to Xavier's room and knocked on the door softly.

"Mr. Knight? Are you there?"

A shattering noise in the kitchen startled me, and I rushed down the stairs, entering the kitchen, the sight in front of me enough to make me dizzy and faint.

Xavier stood in the middle of the kitchen, his body leaning on the counter, in dangerously low sweatpants, and a robe, which was untied. Every single defined muscle on his torso screamed out, asking me to touch them, but I managed to look up.

Xavier's face was red and his gaze unfocused.

His frown indicated that he was experiencing a headache.