My Knight In Shining Armour

"You make me feel like, I've been locked out of heaven for too long."

-Locked Out Of Heaven, Bruno Mars-

Valentina

"Val please, come on, we must go clubbing," Bailey insisted.

"Bailey, no way. I don't think I'm up for it," I reply, part of me really wanting to go since I wanted to hang out with people other than Xavier once in a while. 

Right, as if you don't want Xavier to kiss you the entire day.

"No you're going, and that's that," Bailey demanded, and walked out with her fingers blocking her ears so she could not hear my protests. I finished my rounds and went up to Xavier's office. 

I knocked the door and it swung open, Xavier's arm extending around my waist and practically pulling me in, only to crash against him. His grip was securely tight on my waist and he smiled at me, tucking my hair behind my ear gently.

"I missed you, babygirl," he said, and the small sentence made me want to smile wide and kiss him right at that moment.

"Uhm-I was on rounds," I replied, clearing my throat as I stepped away from him. I walked to his desk and began sorting out the paperwork and files he had finished looking over at.

"By the way, I'm uh-going out with some friends tonight," I said, and his warm, towering presence was right behind me.

"Where?" He asked, and I smiled nervously.

"Clubbing," I mumbled, but Xavier's palm rested on my waist before twirling me towards him.

"You've developed quite an amazing sense of humor," he chuckled, and I looked at him with a serious expression.

"It isn't humor, Xavier. I'm actually going clubbing tonight."

"No, babygirl. You definitely are not," he said, letting me go before walking to his chair.

"I am, Xavier," I said, resting my palms on the desk, and he mirrored my stance on the opposite side, dark eyes penetrating into my gaze.

"I'm going with you," he stated, and I shook my head.

"No way. I am not going to become the person who brings the Boss everywhere. Plus, no one except Bailey knows I live with you, and I would like to keep it that way."

Honestly, I do not trust Xavier to keep his hands and his mouth to himself. Not that I mind, I just don't want anyone there to make a notion or judgement about me.

"If I can't go, neither can you, princess," he stated, his tone indicating that he wasn't interested in pursuing this topic anymore.