She Doesn't Quite Like Dinner

"All that you are is all that I'll ever need."

-Tenerife Sea, Ed Sheeran-

Valentina

My fingers unconsciously grazed my lips, as the vivid memory of Mr. Knight kissing me flooded my mind. I can't believe I thought about him all the way home. I could still feel the sensation of his warm, experienced lips on mine, taking my first kiss, making me imagine small explosions of fireworks all around me. How could I let him kiss me? On top of that, he took my first kiss. My first, ever kiss. The one I saved for someone I truly loved. I don't know how I'm supposed to face Mr. Knight anymore. Should I really keep avoiding him? I mean, he'll understand I'm not interested and back off, right? But am I really not interested? 

The tornado of conflicts in my mind was giving me a headache. The only thing I'm excited about tomorrow is that my salary is coming in. It was getting highly difficult to survive on a granola bar and several glasses of water three days now. The fact that my skin is not clutching onto my bones is a huge relief. I ignored the low ache in my stomach and fell asleep for tonight, everything in my mind resigning for some hours of peaceful sleep before facing tomorrow.

We had an important meeting today, so I was awake pretty early. I showered and used a blow dryer to make my hair lie straight but with considerable volume. I slipped into the sleeveless black dress, which ended right above my knees. It was the only black dress I bought with the rest of my professional outfits, which reminds me that I need to buy new clothes as well. I paired the dress with some brownish nude lipstick and winged eyeliner, adding some bronzer and highlighter on my cheekbones for definition. I really wanted to look like a secretary, and according to Bailey secretaries are supposed to be 'sexy'. I'm not really up to that mark but I can make an effort, right?

I began walking to the office, the busy streets crowding with people in the morning

I began walking to the office, the busy streets crowding with people in the morning. All the years working in diners paid off, I can walk long distances perfectly in heels. Although I do have some comfy slippers under my office desk, which I swap into during really busy days. I'm extremely happy with how quickly I adapted to the environment at the office, making friends with everyone, managing all the work efficiently. I owe everything to Martha though. She explained me all the tricks and methods she used to make herself more efficient and told me she understood how scary a first job can be, so she wants to help make it easier in every way possible. I called her last week and she's perfectly comfortable with her maternity leave, except the occasional pregnancy issues of course. But she sounds amazingly happy, which is why I don't want to be in any sort of a relationship with a man until I find the one I can be extremely happy with forever.