I'm Sorry I Couldn't Save You

"All that I know is I don't know how to be something you miss."

-Last Kiss, Taylor Swift-

Valentina

The morning came with endless possibilities, and I softly hummed, twirling in my navy-blue floral sundress, paired with white sneakers. 

I let my hair down, and the brown curls cascaded to my waist, and I was thankful that such an important day turned out to be a good hair day as well

Since the weekend was over, everyone left early in the morning, and I was obviously awake due to the excitement, so we had a group hug and they wished me the best for today.

Bryce had left his phone number on the envelope, and I had texted him to let me know when he was coming to pick me up. 

When he arrived downstairs, I tiptoed to Xavier's room and saw him sleeping peacefully. 

He must be super tired from yesterday. I kissed his forehead and left him a note on his bedside, before softly closing the main door and heading down the stairs.

"I take it you didn't sleep last night," Bryce chuckled as I got into his car.

"What? How'd you know?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Chill Bunny, just a guess. Mom's super excited too," he said, letting me put my seatbelt on before he started driving.

"So, what job did you take up here?" Bryce asked.

"I'm a secretary at Knight Industries. For Xavier Knight," I replied, and his eyes widened immensely after a few seconds.

"Hold up, the Xavier in your apartment, your boyfriend, is the Xavier Knight?" He asked, shock evident on his face.

"Uh, yeah. Why so surprised?"

"Well, he doesn't really have a reputation with girls. I think you're the only one I've heard he's dating. Which is not surprising now that I think of it, because I'm sure you're awesome," he smiled, his eyes lighting up again.

"Where do you work? I never got to ask."

"Oh, I will be taking over as CEO of Maximillian Incorporation in a few days according to my father's will. I trained and worked under my uncle all these years."