Why Thank You, My Prince

"You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream."

-Once Upon A Dream, Lana Del Rey-

Valentina

I discovered a warm, black sweatshirt folded neatly on the bed when I walked out of the shower in a towel. There was a soft knock on the door, and I opened it slightly, only to see an older woman with a sweet smile holding a bag out for me.

"Mr. Knight asked me to give you this, dear," she said.

"Uh-thank you," I smiled, taking the bag from her.

"I'm sorry I couldn't go out to get them myself, the bodyguard definitely bought what was recommended by the sales lady," she said, shaking her head in disappointment.

"It's okay, thank you so much," I said, and she nodded, walking back down the stairs.

I opened the bag in slight confusion, and it revealed a black lace bra and a matching thong. A thong?!

Thankfully, the sweatshirt ended right above my knee, and felt like Xavier was hugging me. Deciding not to be a lunatic and hug the sweatshirt, I headed out of the room to find Xavier.

I walked around the massive mansion before bumping into the housekeeper I met before. After informing her that I'm lost, she directed me to Xavier's room, and I thanked her.

"Fuck," Xavier hissed in his smooth, velvet voice as I knocked on the door. I heard some shuffling on the other side and he opened the door, an expression of anger evident on his face, which turned into a small smile when he saw me. He let me in, and I felt surprised by the size of his room again.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he sighed, walking into the bathroom.

I followed behind him and found him changing the dressing of his forehead, but his right bicep hurt when he contracted it.

"I could help you," I said, and he nodded. I sat up on the counter and made him stand closer to me. I slowly peeled the previous dressing off his forehead, and he took a deep breath, his hands resting on my waist. The wound on his forehead looked painful, and I cleaned it up before applying a fresh layer of gauze and bandage.

The whole time, Xavier's intense gaze pierced into my vision, seemingly looking right into my soul, and I suddenly felt intimidated. I cleared my throat slightly and broke the trance, hopping off the counter and walking out of the bathroom with my breathing rapid. Why do his intense looks make me feel so flustered?

"Valentina," his delicious voice had me melting on spot, but I turned around and looked at him with curiosity, indicating for him to go on.

"Watch a movie with me?" He asked cheekily, and I tilted my head in confusion. Why did he look so adorable when he was shy? More importantly, why was Xavier Knight shy?

"Sure, what do we watch?" I asked casually, plopping onto the bed.

When it came to movies and series, I was practically lost until I found Bailey. We've had a couple of sleepovers at her place and binged on movies that she was surprised I've never watched. I used to be constantly working, or tired, or healing from injuries so I never quite had the time to watch anything for entertainment.

"Could we watch a Disney movie?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Sure, babygirl," he hummed, sending a few emails from his phone before placing it on his bedside table and climbing into the comforter with me.