But I Like Strawberry Jam, And You Don't

"Your kisses lift me higher, like the sweet song of a choir."

-Burning Love, Elvis Presley-

Valentina

The morning seemed so comfortable after everything that happened yesterday, and I practically skipped into the bathroom, grabbing my brush and unable to stop the smile on my face, making me look like the toothpaste monster.

I slipped on some jeans and a crop top Xavier's house help picked out and dropped for me here, and I walked out of the guest bedroom, feeling extra happy. Xavier's family is beyond wonderful, and I feel like I'm one of them already. I know I'm his fake girlfriend, but I really want to keep being so close to Alaia and Axel even after they find out that I'm not really his girlfriend anymore.

"Alex, sweetheart, I came over as soon as I heard, are you okay?" A womanly voice greeted me, along with Xavier's back as I descended the stairs.

"Amy, I'm sorry for worrying you, but I'm doing good now," Xavier chuckled, and the Amy woman wrapped her arms around his, Xavier doing the same to her.

The extra sweet happiness I was feeling since morning, melted away like ice cream left outside in the sun. My smile faltered as she touched Xavier's hair and he kept his arm lazily around her shoulder.

"Valentina, good morning, dear," Clarisse said, and everyone turned to me and smiled. I weakly smiled back and walked down to join them.

"Hello," I said meekly, and the woman glued to Xavier's side beamed at me.

"Hi! I'm Amelia," she said, extending her perfectly manicured hand while I shook it, feeling high amounts on insecurity.

"I see Xavier's finally settled down," she said, playfully tapping his chest and he chuckled. But she rested her long fingers on his chest, and they remained there, something Xavier didn't seem at all uncomfortable with.

"Anyway Clarisse, I'm here exclusively to take care of this handsome man, so I apologize but I'll be spending my entire day with him," she tapped Xavier's cheek and he nodded, smiling at her.

"No worries, dear," Clarisse laughed and walked off to the dining room, asking us to come in after a while for breakfast.

"Amy!" Alaia squealed from the top of the stairs and ran past me, crashing into Amy and hugging her.

"Hey girlfriend," Amy laughed and hugged her back.

"I have so much to talk to you about," Alaia hopped in excitement and Amy looped her arm with Alaia, heading towards the dining room, both of them laughing like long-lost sisters reunited.

"Good morning, princess," Xavier smiled, his fingers resting on my cheek.

"Mhmm, morning," I mumbled, looking at my fingers.

"We'll have to stay another day since Amy is here. Will that be okay with you?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Are you feeling okay, babygirl?" He asked, lifting my chin up to meet his gorgeous eyes.