Make A Bubble Castle With Me

"She could be rainy days, minimum wage, a book that ends with no last page."

-Whoever She Is, The Maine-

Valentina

Okay. I get he's mad at me. Terrifyingly mad and disappointed with everything I said this morning. But it's almost evening and he isn't at the office yet. Neither is he picking up my calls. How could he get this angry at some stupid thing I said? 

Yes, I admit it was extremely stupid. Initially, I was feeling super confident for making it clear that I don't want to be his conquest. The realization of my stupidity dawned onto me when I was eating the leftovers I packed for lunch from dinner yesterday. The man literally bought half a grocery store just because I fainted and admitted I wasn't eating well. As my boss, he could've just warned me to be careful and get groceries soon and stop collapsing in hunger at the office. But he cared, more than anyone has ever cared for me.

Feeling amazingly happy with my realization, I paced in front of the elevator waiting for Xavier, to tell him I think he's a great man and that I'm terribly sorry for everything that I said. But he never walked in. 

I packed my belongings after waiting after hours, fixing up the paperwork for tomorrow and leaving a list of his rescheduled meetings on his desk, in case he drops in late at night. As I walked home, something bothered me to my core. I could not convince myself to walk home, eat and fall asleep. I could not even think straight until I'm not reassured that Xavier is okay.

I had left him almost 25 missed calls, but he hadn't even replied back with a text, indicating that he never noticed them. I entered my apartment and rested my things on the sofa, pacing around, trying to think of how I could contact him. Maybe he'll be fine if I apologize, right? I mean, how angry could he still be? The phone rang and I practically dove into my bag to receive it, only to see it was Bailey calling. With a hint of sadness evident in my tone, I received the call.

"OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY?" She yelled.

"Bailey, I can hear you just fine, and I'm okay. Why?" I replied, massaging my temple since the worry is making my head explode.

"I knew something was wrong when you weren't here for rounds today," she explained.

"What?"

"How is Mr. Knight doing? Are you with him or are you home?"

"Uh-I don't know he wasn't at the office today."

"Well duh. How do you expect a man to work at the office after a car accident?"

Wait. What?

"Huh?"

"Hun, you don't know?"

"N-no. Know what?"

"It's all over the news by now. Mr. Knight's been in a car accident. They aren't disclosing the details, but it might be serious since he's at the hospital."

My house was simply fine a while ago, but it suddenly began spinning out of control.

"W-which hospital?" I managed to say.