I Heard I'm On The Breakfast Menu

"I feel like I don't deserve you tonight

It's in the way that you hold me.

I need you, don't let me go."

-Deserve You, Justin Bieber-

Valentina

The morning started off as a day of hope, the day I would know who my parents were, how much they loved me. But right here, in this living room, I feel like my soul has been ripped apart, shredded beyond repair. My world seems to have completely stopped, my mind a blank. 

The only word it keeps repeating is Xavier. 

Xavier

My Xavier. 

The man I love

The man who gave me everything. 

How can I leave him, and marry someone else after that? 

Oh God, he'll be in indescribable pain. 

Can I ever bear how much he will hate me?

"I need to clear my head, Fiona. Can I please talk a walk somewhere here, and be alone for a while?" I asked, my voice quivering, the tears rolling endlessly, silently.

"O-of course, dear. There's a park nearby, just a block away. It's always empty because of the location," she replied solemnly, her eyes swirling with guilt and regret as they looked at the wall beside me, like she couldn't look me in the eyes anymore.

The park nearby was empty, just like she said, a small playground decorated the corner, and I sat on a swing, my mind spinning out of proportions. 

This feeling is exactly like when I was stuck in my old life, with nowhere to go, no escape. But I did find an escape, I did find a solution. However, that solution only risked my life, if I got caught, I would have been tortured beyond imagination. 

If I try something like that now, I'll only be risking Xavier. I can never risk his existence. I would never want him to be in my life if that means someone will harm him. 

I guess that's what love is, you can never be selfish, it isn't all about possession. The need to protect his life, is more than the need to have him and hold him. 

But right now, I need to see him. I have to see him. 

Fiona called me as I stood up from the swing.

"Valentina, Bryce was here, and I sent him to pick you up at the park. Please don't tell him anything. My son has done nothing wrong; I can't see him bearing the punishment instead of my husband. Please," she said, her voice low and urgent, pleading.

"I promise I won't. I'll talk to you later about everything you told me. I just, really need to be somewhere now," I said, and she sighed.

"I understand, dear. But remember, there isn't much time. Think of everything when you make a decision," she reminded me, and I said goodbye, hanging up right as Bryce pulled up nearby.