I Don't Love You Anymore

'I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing, with a broken heart that's still beating.'

-Broken, Lifehouse-

Valentina

The weather was comfortable, and a cool breeze was making me feel chilly, so I wrapped my arms around my shoulder. We finished dinner and stepped out into the balcony; the doors closed behind us. 

I could hear Xavier's footsteps approach me, and after a slight rustle, the warmth of his suit coat enveloped me, almost engulfing my form as it slid over my shoulders. 

In one swift motion, he spun me around to softly collide with his chest, my palms resting on his shoulders. His long fingers gripped my waist possessively, as he looked right at me with an indecipherable expression.

"Have I already told you how gorgeous you're looking tonight, love?" Xavier whispered in his low, husky voice, one of his hands disappearing into my hair and holding the back of my head gently to look up at him.

"Mhmm, you have," I murmured, and he sighed, leaning in for a kiss, the passion taking my breath away as our lips moved in perfect synchronization. The kiss was sweet, short, but it made my knees feel weak as he pulled away gently.

"I have to tell you again, baby, you look breathtaking," he said, his gaze focused on my swollen lips, which I unconsciously bit.

"You drive me crazy when you do this," he softly stated, using his thumb to free my bottom lip from the assault.

"I look forward to biting it myself tonight," Xavier smirked as I was surprised, but two can play this game.

"Then what are we waiting for, babe?" I smirked as he was stunned momentarily.

"Oh, darling, I plan to devour you tonight," he chuckled darkly, the sound making me feel like I was on fire, as he tugged me along, his palm secured around mind, walking to the car.

The first hit came out of nowhere, and in the blink of an eye, the baseball bat swung into my vision and landed on his head. My palm was left cold as Xavier clutched the back of his head, uttering a string of curses. 

However, it took him barely a few seconds to retaliate, and he stood up straight, his large form towering over mine. 

A pair of arms snaked around my waist, and I was pulled into someone. My initial instinct was to free myself, but the cold metal against my collarbone made me freeze completely. 

Xavier turned and his pitch-black orbs zeroed in on the man holding me, his rage burning. He took a step forward, but the man behind me spoke.

"For every movement you make, I'll cut her once, deep," he spoke gruffly, threatening Xavier, who stopped in his tracks, holding himself back.