You Gave Me A Lap Dance And Suddenly I'm Inappropriate

"Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you like I do."

-Happier, Ed Sheeran-

Valentina

The first thing I noticed about the man standing in front of me were his eyes. His deep, mesmerizing eyes, that seemed hollow and cold. 

The thoughtful, loving gaze I once admired was now empty. 

He towered over me, clad in a black suit, his biceps and torso were prominently more muscular and defined. The beard covering his sharp jawline was neatly trimmed, his beautiful jet-black hair styled to perfection.

My jaw dropped to the floor, and I gulped nervously, every fibre of my being fighting the urge to hug him. 

To feel his arms around me. 

It took everything in my power to control myself as I stood rooted to the ground.

Xavier Knight was a powerful enigma, and his presence demanded the attention of the entire room. 

However, his gaze did not even flicker to me. 

Not even once. 

He firmly shook hands with Bryce and took his seat, leaning back on the plush black chair and placing his stare forward with his dull eyes. I somehow scuffled to my seat beside Bryce and collapsed on it.

What the hell is going on here?

"Thank you for attending this meeting, gentlemen," Bryce said, his voice serious and confident.

"The meeting today is regarding the confidential merger between Knight Industries and Maximillian Corporation. When the documents are finalized after thorough inspection and all other processes, which will take an estimated time of four to five months, the merger will be officially announced. The urgency of the merger is because I wish to complete it before I take over the company," Bryce continued to explain the merger, but my mind was blank. 

Xavier sat right opposite me, and I was looking straight at him. I couldn't take my eyes off him, but he never even acknowledged my existence. 

H-he's over me? 

The moment I was dreading had finally arrived. I trampled on his heart; I deserve it. 

There's no turning back from this destruction.

"I'd like to request everyone except Mr. Knight to leave the meeting. Thank you for your time," Bryce ended the meeting, and I shakily began to stand up as everyone walked out, closing the door.

"Please stay back, Val," Bryce asked me softly.

"There's some urgent business related to the merger which has to be dealt in our European offices. While we proceed with it, I have to travel there to sort out the paperwork. I may be gone for the first few months. The only person I trust completely from my firm to deal with this merger is Val."