CHAPTER FOURTEEN (Not his Type)

Loyalty isn't gray. It's black and white. You're either loyal completely or not loyal at all

—————————

Vie's POV

            And I should be afraid.

            Leon was looking at me like a wild animal ready to devour me anytime. This was like what Johnny was doing to me. My father treated me. But how come, when it was Leon, I didn't feel any fear? Instead, I felt something different.

            There was the thrill. The feeling that it was the first time I met a man. There was something inside me that crept through my very core, and that was not fear.

            Shit. And I shouldn't feel this way. I kept on telling myself that Leon was like Johnny. But I'd admit it was a different feeling the moment when he was so near to me, and his face was so close to mine. I could feel the weight of his stare. I could smell his breath. It was like he was just showing that he wasn't nice at all, but he could show me a different side of him that would make me ask for more.

            My heart was pounding when he was staring at me like I was a meal he needed to consume. My eyes went down to his lips. And some tiny thought went inside my head.

            Is he going to kiss me?

            That was the reason my heart was pounding. The reason why I needed something to hold on to. Because his presence right in front of me made me tremble and weak.

            Saka lang ako nakahinga ng maluwag nang lumayo na siya sa akin. Gusto kong pagalitan ang sarili ko. Bakit ko naisip na hahalikan niya ako? At nakaramdam ako ng pagkadismaya na hindi niya ginawa iyon?

            Sinundan ko lang ng tingin si Leon nang lumabas siya ng kusina. Napabuga ako ng hangin para kalmahin ang sarili ko.

            "Shit." Mahina kong sabi at panay ang buga ng hangin nang maupo sa silyang kinauupuan ko kanina. What the hell was wrong with me?

            Hinawakan ko ang magkabila kong pisngi at bahagyang tinampal-tampal iyon na para bang matatauhan ako kapag ginawa iyon. Pumikit ako at huminga ng malalim. There was nothing wrong with me. It was just a different experience. I was used that Johnny was doing that to me, harassing me, threatening me, but for the first time I didn't get terrified. Maybe because it was a different man. Twenty-five years that no man can come near to me. Just Johnny and my father. Maybe that was the reason why I was feeling like this. Feeling something different for the first man that I got locked inside this house and thought was going to save me. Just like what I was feeling for Mr. Laxamana.

            Marahan kong hinilot-hilot ang ulo ko. Yes, I have a crush with Mr. Laxamana. I like him. But Leon? Damn it. He made my knees weak but definitely I don't like that asshole. If I wanted to have my first real kiss, I wanted it to be Mr. Laxamana. He was far different from that animal that was almost devoured me earlier.

            And he said he was going to fuck me? Please. I am not going to allow that. If I wanted to be fucked for the first time, I guess I wanted Mr. Laxamana too.

            Napagakagat-labi ako at nasalo ng mga kamay ang mukha. I am damn sick with that thought. Taken away from my father and being held with these strangers. Kung ano-ano na tuloy ang pumapasok sa isip ko.

            All right. Calm down, Vie. You need to focus. Nataranta ka lang. You are used being around those animals from the cage. Sanay ka sa mga fighters na ganyan. Hindi ang isang katulad lang ni Leon ang magpapagiba sa iyo. Nakaya mo ngang kasama si Johnny ng ilang taon.