💋Birtyday💋 Edited

Kano
Nigeria
__________

Climbing down the stairs I hold onto the railing for support waking up with some stupid morning sickness which I got a whole lot more this days, it's been three weeks since I returned from Abuja Abdullah and laylah where supposed to be back a week ago but still they weren't.

No day passed without spending hours talking to Abdullah but the whole of last week much to my surprise no call came through from him instead from ummita who was always on phone with me.

She was the friend I never got to have throughout my nineteen years of life and the best, Alhmdulilah we are done with our examination all we have is a long break which I got to spend in Abuja.

Abdullah promised to get an admission for me into a university in Abuja I was going to leave this city I won't get to see my best friend always.

By the last step the door bell rang making me hurry to get the door, laylah was standing on the pouch with a wild smile on her lips as she engulfed me in a hug taking me by surprise.

"Happy birthday"

She whispered into my ears as we pulled out of the hug, I was still in shock I never had such body contact with anyone apart from Abdullah and it felt different.

"Ahhh don't you welcome us back into the house again?"

She joked, moving from the door as I pave way for them to pass into the house.

Abdullah didn't spare me a glare which I excused for him been tired never the less help with the bag he was holding placing it under the stair case.

"Should I make something for you really fast"

I asked no one in particular as they both settled on the sofa.

"No you should worry yourself we ate before coming and am off to my room"

Laylah was the one who answered my question Abdullah just followed her without looking at me, it wasn't funny as he kept giving me the look as though I was some aliens from an unknown planet he will come around I said to myself in other to keep me cool then returned to the kitchen which was the destination I was heading to before there arrival.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The house was so quite making me think they all left what I didn't knew was the surprise awaiting me downstairs ummita informed me she would be coming over to our house that afternoon for lunch where I cook so many dishes went back to take shower freshen up then return down and set some incense burner around the house.

After placing back the burner into the wardrobe placed by the hallway the door bell rang.

"Surprise"

They all yelled as I welcomed them into the house much to my surprise nana with all the faces I could remember been in the same class with we are eighteen in number yes I knew all my classmate by face and not by name I just couldn't hold up to there names.

Ushering then into the house I left for the kitchen to get them some refreshments which consisted of the muffins I made early with some samosa and fresh squash orange juice.

"We should precede to the dining area"
I said leadings the way to the outside balcony where the flour was carpeted with artificial grass the swing placed at the middle a tree providing a shade was where I spread the cotton mat.

I excused myself to go get Layla if she will care joining us, she was already having a big spot in my heart as the elder sister figure I never had.

Knocking on her door she answered from inside ushering myself into the room which was so beautiful I couldn't help but keep gawking at.

"Please take a sit"

"No am okay mm actually my friends came to celebrate my bd so I thought if you don't mind joining us"

I was holding my breath at the end of my sentence picking at my nails with my eyes fixed on the floor, as the marble became interesting.

"Sure I did love to"

"But I need to get dressed I'll meet up with you guys down stairs"

I existed the room meat with Abdullah on the way but the guy did spare a look my way instead walked in fast into his room.

The birthday party ended well each person presented a gift of two they had for me before living while laylah gift was the two step cake she ordered.

The night passed in a blur with me tossing from one side of the bed the other, all my thoughts on why Abdullah must be be giving cold shoulders maybe I did something unknowingly to him without knowing or probably something was amiss.

Settling my mind to talk to him tomorrow about what ever it was

Only if I knew what awaits

...
Vote
Comment
Share
Edited

Ongoing edition
All rights reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
2-7-2021