💋Sick💋 Edited

Daura
Nigeria
_________

Perhaps I'll put it on hold till I see changes

Tossing from one side of the bed to the other, herman heard the sound of sob coming from the door, he was soon on his feet toward the door turning on the light in the hall way.

The sound was still coming that too from his parents room, he stopped by the door thinking if it was right for him to step into the room uninvited.

The sound of hajiya lubabatu wailing was what made him push the door into the room, his mother was on the floor wrapped in a ball to prevent the lass coming from his fathers way.

They all stopped in there actions watching the intruder with wild eyes, Herman didn't know what to do but he was quick to rush over to his mothers side shading her way from the monster he will continue to know as his father.

The man walked out of the room banging the door loudly after a long hiss, Herman knew he was definitely in a strangers house was he even needed there should he go away.

"Namir"

Hajiya lubabatu called out, "he promised to stop but he didn't"

"Namir, did I made a wrong decision staying with him all through this, accepting all the abuses from him"

Herman kept listening stroking his hands behind her back until her sob died down and she pulled out of the hug.

"This shouldn't disturb you son, I only provoked him"

Herman watched her everything happened before him what she said also meant one thing that this wasn't the first time he abused her since from day one.

Sensing that the boy was thinking made her stand on her feet let a wailing sob out of her lips sitting back down bitting her lips.

Hajiya lubabatu stepped on the broken glass her husband broke from the vanity table, the sound of the door was what made the two gaze travel to the door.

Herman dumped the blood stained cotton wool in the bin,
"Namir you should go to bed I'll take care of the room"

He looked at his mothers face who had unshed tears stacked between her eyes, she nodded her head at Namir who looked at his father then back at his mother before going back to his room.

All through the night herman couldn't sleep a wink he kept tossing from one side of the bed to another image of hajiya lubabatu and his mother in her own blood until an intense headache set in.

The next morning hajiya lubabatu came into the room only to see herman tuck into the comforter shivering he was catching a fever, she was quick to run to his side feeling his temperature was high.

"You have a fever"
She cried in a depressed voice rushing to the toilet to get a bowl of cold water with a towel.

...

Sites across the table was Namir, hajiya lubabatu and her husband whose hands was placed over his chin thinking out, he knew abusing his wife was something he always does but couldn't say why sometimes her presence annoys him to death while other time he wanted her around him.

"I am sorry i promise to never raise my hands on your mother again please I'm deeply sorry"

He said to no one in particular it was as if he was talking to himself Namir though never the less nodding his head, thank god the man found out it was wrong raising onces hands over his wife, the family din in a complete silence with each having a thought running in his brains.

"Can you meet me up in my room Namir"
Hajiya lubabatu said to her son not sparing alook to her husband.
It was obvious she was still mad at him and not ready to talk to him until her apologize properly.

"Sit here"

She tapped on the space next to her on the bed after letting Namir Into the room, "I love you father so much but"

She paused taking his hands into her creasing it gently, "it was as though he never loved me sometimes, I never wanted a broken family my father was a gentle man even my mother was surprise to have someone like him"

She smiled at the end of her sentence sensing the child's confusion, "all am saying is that am sorry for what you witnessed yesterday night, this wasn't the first time but I hope as he pleaded would be the last."

That was not what she wanted telling her son, initially her husband was part of a very powerful secret society group, how was she supposed to look at her sons face and tell him that.

Why does he even need more money after having enough, hajiya lubabatu cried out to herself in the confines of her room cuddling in a cycle on her bed, should she run away with her child she thought to herself as she slept off.

Vote
Comment
Share
Thanks 5.7k reads

Happy new year
Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
1-1-2022