💋Raise💋 Edited

Somewhere around the world
________________

Her eyes was fixed on him as she studied his every move.

Hermana was in doubt of trusting him or not, he didn't press on asking her about who she was when she kept mute after regaining conscious.

It was two days after when he came visiting her.

"I know you might be wondering how you got here, I didn't give you an explanation myself but sorry to say I found you laying lifeless and cold"

"thought you did be death by the time we reach this hospital"

He paused taking a breath before blinking his eyes.

"The doctors rushed you in here but am sorry, he said something about you having a miscarriage, am sure you will want to go home and I did take you because here the discharge later"

He weaved the white paper folded to her face, Hermana could say since she meet him that was three month ago it was the longest thing he say.

Even though she live to herself in the house, he hardly comes. she could count the number of times he came with her fingered and the remaining will be uncounted.

She didn't plead with him to take her along with him she just told him.

"First I'll like to start by thanking you"

Jamal looked at her for the very first time, the way she pronounced each later was beyond him he thought only those opportune to school abroad have such accent, she spoke like the native of America even though some words where pronounced Nigerian like.

"But sorry to say but I don't have any home, I lost both parent and my husband cut all ties with me"

She said the last part with bitterness and he sensed that he didn't know what to do at that moment but he made his mind to protect her, she was just like his mother.

He gave a sad lip lock smile before helping her on her feet, Hermana didn't feel bad about saying her parent where dead both.

Her father served as dead years ago, there was no use of him living maybe karma was going to catch up on him and she would be glad, because he took her mother away from them even thought she knew deep down that her time was indeed over.

Nobody stay overtime in this world she just prayed her ma is in a better play. May Allah forgive her, lighten up her grave, make her rest in Jannatul Firdausi.

"Amina I have been calling you out hope you fine"

Jamal worried voice was all she had like she was dreaming she was quick to whip out her tears.

"Am good what where you saying"

"Well I came to a conclusion about enrolling you in a school what do you think about it"

Hermana look at him like he grew two heads, was there remaining kind people in this world, she passed him a thankful smile but shook her head In a noo

"You see I have so much money, why not some online class where I could have a degree"

"That too is a nice idea, but you won't want having yourself all day indoor won't you want to socialize"

Hermana didn't know if she really wanted socializing or not, she was although only living between life and death. Those thin lines hoping she could just someday sink into her absyy

"I think I'll enroll in online class them maybe set a business"

Determination was leased in her voice, Jamal won't want to talk her into doing something she never wanted doing instead he nodded his head, he was once in this but wasn't given what he wanted. All those time all he wanted doing was siting all alone, he lost his voice well it got to some point where he had so many attempts to end his life.

Now as they sat across each other with her eyes fixed on him jamal chuckled lightly she wasn't even blinking the way she was looking at him.

"Your eyes will hurt if you don't stop staring"

Hermana felt a little bit embarrassed cut staring at him, jamil chuckled lightly seeing as she ducked her head down now playing with her fingers.

"How about I take you to my mother"

She was quick to raise her head to look his way just to be sure she wasn't hearing things only for her eyes to meet his.

Hermana was quick to look away not believing her eyes because he was looking at her making her feel anxious.

"You know my mother doesn't bite am sure she will love you"

Jamal added laughing at the horror express Hermana was featuring on her face.

"Fine if you don't want to meet her now you can do that when every you feel like, but just know that this the first time am hiding something from her, and she will punish us for doing so"

I can't just say no but was I ready to meet up with another stranger? What if she ordered him to throw me out.

Not that I was afraid of that, I have a lot of money. But can I stay on my own.

Vote
Comment
Share
Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
20-8-2021