💋Once upon a time💋 Edited

Sokoto
Nigeria
__________

Not in the wildest of dreams did she thought she was ever stepping her feet in her country, Hermana smiled at herself, a feeling she couldn't fathom settling in the bit of her belly.

Nene chuckled seeing as Hermana hold onto the rails of the jet she was supposed to climb down from, instead was taking in everything around her.

Nene who was now a step away from her friends and the sister she never had, engulfed Hermana in tight hug.

"Gosh you grew so fat"

Hermana stated checking out her friends who grew fatter than she was two months ago, "just two month and you have change this much yaya jamal is really doing a good job"

Hermana exclaimed clapping her hands around her mouth, nene who set her lips in thin lines at the mention of her three month old husband didn't said a thing to her friends instead walked down the stairs.

"Common ain't you missing me again"

Hermana jogged catching up on her friends who was taking two steps at a time wondering what had spoiled her friends mind maybe it was pregnancy hormones.

Hermana almost slapped her brains at her silly thoughts knowing nene was never one to get pregnant after two months of coming to her husband house.

Hermana didn't know why her thought where jumbled up maybe because of the way she was really reading hard so she would keep moving.

A comfortable ride to the place was what Hermana needed, watching as everyone carried on with there day to day activity, her most loved hobby was watching over from a higher view.

💋💋💋

"Mama"

Hermana called out jokingly, she was been the queen even though her co wife did nothing other than sending glare there way.

"Yes I have do away with two of my children already, remaining you"

It felt somehow to Hermana yet she maintained a straight face.

Hermana came to mama because she was taking classes on knitting skills.

"My mother is so good at doing this, and I always dream one day on also learning it perfectly"

Mama nodded taking sip from her ginger teas for her soar throat, she couldn't describe how so dear Hermana was too her heart, the girl seemed to have everyone she meets wrapped around her fingers even her husband.

At first when she was brought up by jamal all her world came crashing down afraid he had done something so bad but the girl doesn't seem like one who looked bad, if at all she was dressed wrapping up all her body only her face was in contact that made something inside her relaxed.

But after hearing everything about the girl she fell in love with her that instant.

Thinking about her son, mama signed Herman sensed something was wrong with mama seeing how she signed not knowing if it was right to talk up to her about what was happening or not.

"You know I always thought we all make the wrong moves ones upon a time"

Mama voiced heaving a shut breath, if only she could turn back the hand of time or could be given one more chance to decide leaving or staying.

"We always make the wrong moves but that's our destiny"

Hermana smiled triumph seeing as she got Jamal's mother's attention, she might not know what pushed her to taking the steps she took years ago but here we are.

"I know but sometimes we are always at the wrong place and at the right time"

Letting a shaky breath out, mama mother's pulled her arms around herself she needed the comfort to keep going.

"Yes sometimes we wish to be given one more time to start things all over again, but what about all the memories we made all the way, the achievements would we want to throw them all up just to to make up from one mistake which obviously is what strengthened us"

Taking from experience Hermana knew if only she didn't accept the proposal of getting married to a strangers then she won't have been there or even have gotten to her where she was today. No matter the storm you did make it to the very end with head hold high up.

"Thank you"
Mama smiled brightly at Hermana for the encouragement but she doubted if her case of same, she agrees we all have one problem or the other but not all our problems are the same and it what keeps you going keeps the other, she knew the young girl have a longer way to go to understand this but she had this strength up her sleeve that mama believed nothing could shake them off, not even the strongest of the storm coming there way. Only if one knows what tomorrow entails they did get prepared for it today.

...

Nene made no more to start up a conversation all through between Hermana and mama if only they seemed to be disturbing her peace of mind.

She needed to take a break from everything in life, she knew she loved or was it crushed on jamal all her life since when she doesn't even know what she was doing.

Dreaming thought out her early teenage years of her life just to have herself as his wife, now she could kill just to see herself out of the marriage.

She knew long before that Jamal was never going to love her perhaps learned to live through with it maybe she made mistake once upon a time of letting mama and even Jamal know about her silly obsession for him but she believed with time it had fade.

"Why did you have to do this to us nene, why must you ruined us for this"

Tears wailing her eyes seeing as Jamal was accusing her of everything that happened, she hated every loving him and from that day on she grew nothing for him other than melancholy

Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
19-11-2021