💋Determined💋 Edited

Abuja
Nigeria
__________

Short chappy right and I don't update frequently any more well to tell you guys the truth is I don't feel the vibe anymore this kindoff the last update for the year because I don't feel motivated enough to keep on updating with zero comments ad few vote see you all next year and when I see some changes

Laylah sat side by side with Abdullah in the doctors office with no one uttering a word to the other, the low sound of news showing from the television and the buzzing air from the air conditioning filled the room until the door broke ajar reavealing the doctor holding Laylah folders in his hands.

Abdullah's face held an expression Laylah couldn't pinpoint but shrugged in off listening to what the doctor was saying which wasn't the first time she was hearing it but had to act.

Abdullah's hands where running up and down her back in a smoothing way inside the car. "So I won't be able to see my own child I can't convince"

Laylah said In between tears trying to hard to keep the image of the first time she had the words rolling out of the doctors lips, it didn't feel the same unlike the first time this time there was something she wanted to achieve something she had to achieve even if the world was going to end.

"We can adopt"

It sounded more like a question to Laylah but she expected it to know what to do next and just like she had plotted in her mind she brusted into another heart breaking sob which was doing nothing to pacify Abdullah.

Abdullahi paced up and down the room trying to keep his mind off Laylah but he couldn't he kept glancing at her face every now and then as thought trying to convince himself she was fine she was going to be fine he said to himself running his fingers around the outline of her face.

"We will adduct a child" he said to himself this time around, signing Why was his life a mess why won't she be able to convince when everything is as fine.

And just like every morning hajiya zainab was by their door banging it so had in an attempt to wake them up, Abdullah rub his two eyes closely together wanting to make the sleep go, he was still unable to process the things around him seeing his wife curled up in a ball at the far end of the room did something to his heart but the banging of the door was becoming to hard.

Abdullah was quick to walk toward the door glancing back at his wife Laylah to see if the sound awoke her but it didn't, his step mother's face came into view walking pass him she walked into the room toward the bed where Laylah was sleeping so peacefully as thought she had no care in the world.

"Laylah"

Zainab yelled tapping on her shoulders vigorously pulling Laylah from her sleep, her eyes landed on her mother in-law and also her fathers sister, wasn't the woman supposed to like her Laylah though got interrupted by abdullahs voice asking his step mother to let her be she wasn't feeling well.

"She's not fine you say"

She micmic Abdullah voice with a seed of mockery in her voice,

"How long has it been and this woman here isn't able to convince a child for you Abdullah and you say she is not fine"

Zainab micmic abdullahs voice before huffing out air from her mouth shaking her self so vigorously as thought not able to accept whatever it was forming in her brains.

"It's either she give birth or"

There was a long pause in her breath and the room seemed to become still like all the other occupants of the room have turned into the furnitures.

"I'll be forced to get you married"

Her voice was so flat and for once Laylah was terrific that maybe the woman was going to do wat she wanted to that all her plans where going to fail and that she was going to do nothing about it.

Maybe this was the push she needed to fasten her plans maybe this was what she saw coming all the way, but why of all the people no body was doing this to her only her fathers sister that too same parents.

Abdullahs sat next to her on the bed his hands over his head, "We should adopt"

His voice sounded so low that Laylah thought he was talking to himself hoping he was actually doing that and not to her.

Does her plans really matter, she thought once in forever was his step mother going to get him married after she left him. Does she love him.

Those where the question she herself couldn't answer was she scared. "We won't adopt abdullah"

And for once she let the bitterness of his name across her lips spread acros her chest, Abdullah was nothing but her biggest enemy and she promised herself to stop at nothing in ruin him, she vowed she would even if she was to take her last breath.

Even if it was the last thing she was going to do then maybe she will lay still in her grave with the wildest smile for acknowledging her dream.

"We should talk to the doctors maybe try something else, but I must carry my flesh and blood inside my womb"

She sounded so determined that Abdullah feared something he felt something coming but couldn't say what.

Short chappy

Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
10-12-2021