49

My brain hurts

My brain hurts. I had an exam in every class today and it feels amazing just laying in my bed watching Gilmore Girls. It's such a comfort show and I need that right now. With everything that happened this weekend, I need a minute to rekindle my thoughts and myself. I did not expect everything to happen on Saturday and I especially did not think Asher would show up. Then, have him be so mad at me and him to tell me everything. Literally fucking everything. I couldn't stay. Everything in me wanted to. Wanted to be with him but a part of me knew I shouldn't. Knew I probably only would get him into more trouble.

I shake my head of thoughts and the wave of nausea that has hit me focusing my eyes on my phone screen. My mom is supposed to text me back when she wants to chat. I have yet to update her about the weekend and it's Thursday. I am pretty sure we are staying in tonight since going out isn't necessarily an option for us. Well it is but Lacey is still a wreck and well I am, whatever. I tuck myself further into my baby blanket and focus on my show.

My bedroom door opens and Tori walks in with her rain jacket hood up over her head. I see the water droplets on her jacket and glance out the window. I haven't even noticed the rain falling until now by I appreciate it. I love the rain for some reason and I always have. Maybe it's the universe giving me some more comfort.

"It's pouring right now, holy shit," she says tossing her backpack off her shoulders. She unzips her coat and hangs it on the back of her desk chair. She shoots me a comforting smile, a smile all the girls seem to be giving me. I sit up in my bed pausing the show.

"How was your economic exam? I ask her leaning my back against the wall behind my bed. She shrugs her shoulders at me unzipping her backpack.

"Ass, as always. My teacher is one horrible woman, all she does is put random fucking shit on her PowerPoints. She doesn't do anything," she says grabbing her laptop from her backpack. She kicks off her Birkenstocks and hops onto her bed.

"I told you she was an awful teacher," I tell her laughing. She nods her head at me opening up her laptop. I chuckle at her as she rolls her eyes.

"How were all your exams?" she asks me as I open my phone up. I shrug my shoulders closing my phone and tossing it on my bed. She raises her eyebrows at me grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"They actually blew," I say pulling my knees up to my chest. I chew at my fingernail before pulling it away and choosing to just sit on my hands. Rather than bite down my already nonexistent nails.

"I'm sure they did. I know you aren't really feeling a party but Q said we can go to the frat for a kickback. If we wanted to," Tori says hopping up onto her bed. I raise my eyebrows at her and shake my head.

"I think I need to retire from partying and drinking," I tell her as I hear footsteps in our hallway. Julie peeks her head in with a smile.

"You are not. Shut up, Carter," Tori says shaking her head at me. Julie looks confused as she fully walks into our room carrying a McDonald's bag beside her. The smell of fast food fills up the room as she makes her way towards me.