55

I stare down at the clear liquid in the shot glass and am genuinely debating on whether or not I should just hand it off to Carter

I stare down at the clear liquid in the shot glass and am genuinely debating on whether or not I should just hand it off to Carter. The amount of shots I have been bought in the pass twenty minutes is ridiculous and now Trey wants to take another. I'm not going to lie and say the shots aren't fucking hitting me hard. I hand the shot off to Carter who happily takes it from my hands.

Carter throws the shot back as her face scrunches up in disgust. I give her a funny look as she places a hand across her chest. I can still see the hickey I left on her collarbone but it's definitely faded now.

"What was that?" she asks glancing at the shot glass. I guess I should have told her it was moonshine but I knew she wouldn't have taken it if I told her.

"Moonshine," Trey says handing over the mason jar full of it. She gags shoving it back in his hands. Tori is cackling at her sitting on the island across from her.

"That was actually horrible," Carter says placing the shot glass in the sink next to her. We all decided it would be nice to celebrate with just us guys and the girls. Plus, we wanted to talk to them about coming out to Miami with us. Well, if we make it as far as we hope.

"Okay, now we can play Kings Cup," Trey says glancing around the room. Everyone already looks a bit tipsy, so they all nod their head in agreement.

"Does this mean we have to get up?" Tori asks making a face. Trey yells at her for being lazy making her smack him. I laugh at the two of them as I hop off of the counter. Carter still looks nauseated from the moonshine shot she just took.

"C'mon Car," I say grabbing her hands. She groans in protest and instead of going down on her feet she koala bear hugs me. I stumble surprised but grab her butt to hold her up. Her legs are wrapped around me tightly with her head buried into my neck.

"Oh god, get a room!" Braden yells throwing an empty red Solo cup at us. I whip around with her still in my arms with a glare. Trey is still trying to get everyone into the living room as Braden fakes throwing up. Tori shoves him through the door as I chuckle at the two of them. I make sure the kitchen is empty.

"As much as I love this and you, why are you doing it?" I ask her as she giggles into my neck. I move her up my body a little as she lets out a loud laugh. She pulls away from my neck with a lazy look in her eyes. I can tell she's drunk making me smile.

"You're leaving," she frowns placing her hands on my shoulders. I give her a weird look before realizing what she was talking about.

"Baby, we haven't even gotten there yet," I tell her. Elite Eight is coming up meaning if we make it in we go to Miami and stay there if we continue to win. We are heading to the Sweet Sixteen game in Dallas this upcoming week and if we win this game we go straight to Miami.

"You're right I'm just being a pussy," she sighs frowning at me. I let out a loud laugh because I really don't think I've ever heard her say that. It is pretty odd coming out of her mouth.