41

Carter trails her fingers down my bare chest and I can't help but let my eyes flutter shut

Carter trails her fingers down my bare chest and I can't help but let my eyes flutter shut. I absentmindedly twirl a piece of her hair around my finger and open my eyes. Her head is laying on my chest and she is tucked into my side. From the minute she walked in I knew she wanted to ask what had happened between my dad and me. She didn't push though which I appreciated, a lot. It also helped that she let me peel off the big sweatshirt hiding her fit body.

I'm slightly pissed that the boys called her but after she hugged me I kind of forgot I was even pissed off. About my dad, about them calling her, and her even being there. Especially after she rode me as well as she did. I flick my eyes open at the thought of me and her. My hoodie hangs off of her small shoulders and it's bunched up at her hips showing off her lacey underwear.

I take my time to appreciate her body while she's focused on drawing patterns across my chest. I know I should talk to her and tell her why I was so fucking pissed at my dad. Or about why I'm pissed he brought up the NBA. It's my fucking dream to go to the NBA but there's a reason why I'm not going to the NBA my junior year in college. I want to finish off college not because I don't know if I can go to the NBA. There are already rumors speculating about me heading to the NBA but I want to finish college. Prove my dad wrong that the only reason I'm here is because of basketball. To prove that my brother didn't need to be pushed so hard. That if I ever were to be injured I could fall back on something. I squeeze Carter's hipbone making a small squeal come out of her mouth as she looks up at me with a glare. I smirk down at her as she lightly smacks my chest.

"Unnecessary," she laughs her dimples really coming out. I roll my eyes at her as she sits up a little her hair dangling over her face as she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. She sits up pushing the hood over her head crisscrossing her legs. Her brown eyes trail over my body. I can tell by her body language that she's itching to talk. I sigh as I lean my own back against the wall behind my bed.

"You are just a ball of anxiety, aren't you?" I ask her as she cracks her fingers. Something I know she does when I'm nervous. She looks up at me tilting her head at me.

"What, no I'm not," she defends crossing her arms over her chest. I chuckle at her shaking my head.

"When you are nervous you crack your fingers or you start playing with anything in front of you," I tell her. She instinctively sits on her hands frowning at me. She looks so relaxed and tense at the same time. It's insane how she makes me feel like I'm not dumb for noticing all these things about her.

"Well when you are sitting down you bounce your leg," she points out. I smile at her because I know she is right. She smiles back at me sighing.

"You're right," I say nodding my head at her. She moves her hands from underneath her and goes to crawl back to me. She sits beside me pulling her knees up to her chest. I grab her thigh lightly and tug her closer. I am avoiding all chances of talking but I know I have to.