26

I watch lazily as Q and his friends argue about who knows what

I watch lazily as Q and his friends argue about who knows what. Lacey is laughing hysterically at them while I could not be more bored right now.

Lacey and I are the only ones who decided to go out tonight. That is just never a good combination. With the rest of the girls we have some supervision, without them we are screwed. Everyone is already pretty drunk including Lacey and I. We are both five something shots deep and I am definitely feeling it. I am currently nursing a vodka and lemonade right now. Which is more vodka than anything else.

We decided to pregame at our friends tonight. Julie has a test tomorrow, Rae is exhausted from cheer, and Tori said she was saving it for the game. So, Lacey and I took one for the team. Our pregame has been pretty successful thus far and now we are taking a break from the drinking games.

"Carter! Run up pong with me," Q yells from across the room. I heave a sigh standing up off of the couch trying to not wobble. My phone buzzes in my back pocket. I grab it to look over whatever it is. A smile crosses my face as soon as I see the name Asher Fletcher pop up. Oh this is never good. Smiling at text messages. Great.

I continue walking and open up the text message. It's a picture of him and Trey playing beer pong at their house. I open up the camera and stand next to Q.

"Get in this," I tell him. He slides next to me hopping in and I take it then send it to him. I put my phone back into my pocket preparing myself for the game of pong. I have absolutely no idea where we are going tonight. I'm pretty sure Lacey wants to meet up with Michael tonight. No maybe Braden. I honestly don't know. Either way, I am her wing woman and as a wing woman, I will not be asking any type of question. A part of me is hoping to see Asher tonight but another part of me, the better part, does not. I am way too drunk to be making any of the right decisions tonight. Definitely doesn't help that I'm smiling at his text messages either.

"Carter, focus."

I look at Q and then at the ball he is extending to me. I nod my head at him grabbing the ball and turning to the cups. I sink it into the back end cup and one of the frat brothers groan.

"Atta girl," Q says nodding his head at me. Q and I use to be banned from being pong partners because no one could beat us, actually, no one could beat Q. I just get lucky sometimes and that night I was very fucking lucky. I glance around to make sure I have not lost Lacey and see her playing Kings Cup with a couple of girls and guys.

The other guys shoot their pong balls and I catch one of them, thankful for not having to chase it. I feel like it's one of the most awkward things to do at a party.

"So, where to tonight?" Q asks me as he aims the ball. I glance up at him confused. He shoots the ball sinking it into another cup.

"What do you mean? I thought we were going to Eric's frat?" I asked him as I get ready to shoot. I aim at the back cup but terribly miss it. The two boys scramble to find the ball under the dim lights.