Boyfriend?

Outside Hospital,

She had twisted her ankle and doctor suspected mild ligament tear. Her left foot was bandaged. She was advised to take good rest for a week. Throughout the encounter, Karthik didn't leave her side which annoyed Rakshan more.

"Thank you So much Karthik. Sorry I bothered you a lot" Shivani said as they came out.

"Don't Mention! Let me drop the ladies home" he offered. Rakshan was standing helpless as he attended the party in his bike. He seemed to be eagerly waiting for someone.

Both Shivani and Karthik were aware that the accident took place because he pulled her closer and there was a pulse of intimacy for a moment. She felt she cannot grip the tiger by its tail for a longer time now. It was getting ready to pounce on its prey. She just needs to keep him distracted. That was when a car stopped in front of them and he got down.

"Shivani ma? What happened??" he asked genuinely worried.

"Ashwin? How did you come here?" she asked.

"You have injured yourself. Where do you expect me to be??" he said, kneeling down, inspecting her injured leg. She felt happy and assured seeing him.

"Sir yaaru Shivani?" Karthik asked.

Looking at the scenario, he understood the guy beside her must be Karthik. He actually didn't get a good vibe and looked at Rakshan from the corner of his eyes. Before Shivani could answer, Ashwin stepped forward,

"Enna Shivani? Mama va introduce panna matiya ??"  Ashwin asked making Shivani and Karthik gasp in shock. At that moment Rakshan who was equally shocked, came in between and patted Ashwin's shoulder.

"Dei...she might be your girl friend. And I know you are quiet possessive about my little sister.. But Indha Mama lam konjam over !"

Now it was Ashwin and Shivani's time to act shocked.

"Hi...Ashwin" Ashwin extended his hand to Karthik.

"Karthik.." he responded and shook his hand.

Before they could process what was happening, Rakshan instructed Ashwin to take Shivani home. Karthik who did not anticipate any of this bid goodbye to Shivani and turned around.

"Pavi...nan unna veetla drop panren !" Rakshan said casually.

"Stop ! Don't you dare to move before you explain what happened here!" she roared.

"Thangam..Pavi drop pannitu veetuku varen ! We will discuss there" Rakshan assured and left with Pavi.

~

The car journey was very silent as she dozed off in a few minutes. Once they reached home, he called her twice but she didn't open her eyes. He opened the car door and unclicked her seatbelt before getting down. She opened her eyes with a jerk.

"Shivani veedu vandhuruchu! Where is your leaning stick??" he asked getting down from the car and looking at the back seat.

"Pavi was having it"

"We missed to take it ma. You get down!" he said holding out his hand. She held his hand and with his support tried to lift the bandaged foot.

"ss... Aaa.."

"Romba valikudha??"

Her eyes were almost teary. She just kept starring at her hurt foot.

"Shivani ma..wait" he lifted her without any questions and closed the car door with his legs. Her brain wanted to stop him. But her hands involuntarily went around his neck holding him tight. When you are hurt and in pain, your body just needs a comfort that says Everything will be fine. He didn't look at her. Looking at her would be dangerous he thought. Shivani pressed the floor button while she was still in his arms. She noticed that his eyes were fixed on her bandaged foot. If she didn't get it wrong, his eyes were a little worried too. The sound of closing door, their breath was the only sound. Occasionally his hands would go numb and he would adjust her position. "Probably. I should start exercising" she mentally noted. Once the lift opened, his phone rang. She looked at him and he signaled her to pick. She took the phone from his pocket and saw name "MACHAN" calling. She chuckled and kept the mobile on speaker.