He is Family!!

"SAM!" Words hardly came out of his mouth.

"Shivani! he is in town??" SAM raised his eyebrows and questioned Shivani

"Err..." shivani turned her head from SAM to Ashwin thinking to catch the right word.

"I came back to chennai few days back" Ashwin replied directly to SAM.

There was unknown tension in the room.

"Nalla irukiya SAM??" when these words were out from Ashwin both Shivani and SAM were shocked. Even Ashwin seemed to wonder why he asked this question.

"Hmm..." SAM just nodded. Will he ask the same to Ashwin? Shivani waited expectantly. But SAM kept quiet. Again there was awkward silence.

"I came to get water. So.." he stood still wondering what to say next.

Shivani grabbed the bottle from him and turned around to fill it from the water purifier.

"You knew Ashwin is coming back? That's why you were shocked to see us. Had you hinted me, I would have checked in a hotel" he said as a matter of fact.

"Illa adhu... Shivani Stammered.

Ashwin sensed her discomfort and turned to answer him .."Adhu..."

"He came back just few days back and I am sharing the apartment with him. Well my work is for short time..so..." she fumbled for words. While she was looking for words to answer better, Ashwin replied.

"My visit is temporary. So I insisted her not to vacate" he completed.

"Oh! Okay. So I will check in a hotel then! Sorry for the inconvenience" SAM's reply was formal without any emotion which hurted Ashwin more. Had he acted wild like Rakshan, throwing his anger, Ashwin wouldn't have felt so much hurt.

"Illa..It's late.. Don't wake Nisha now. And it is not safe too. So let me leave" Ashwin said as he dropped the plate to wash.

"That's Okay! I don't think Nisha will be comfortable. So I will take care" SAM's words crisp and clear.

"Please SAM..I insist! Also didn't you guys want to spend some time with Shivani before leaving to Coimbatore??" Ashwin finally said.

"Samey! He is right! Let's discuss tomorrow. Please.." Shivani tightly held Sam's arms and pouted.

"Okay!" he finally agreed.

"Can you get me a set of spare clothes from  my wardrobe??" Ashwin asked SAM

"Fine!" he nodded. Taking spare clothes from him, Ashwin turned to leave. Shivani moved to the door. "Thanks ma! Dosai ku! Today was already a hectic day for you. Take rest! We will talk tomorrow" he said turning around.

"Hmm...Ping me as soon as you reach the hotel! Careful" she said

"Sure!" he promised and turned to leave.

Shivani was sad. She had lots to share with him today. But now, she completely forgot that today was a great day for her. She looked at SAM who was watching them from the living room.

"Poi thoongu Shivani! Lets talk in the morning,," SAM said and moved to the room.

~

The moment Ashwin checked into the hotel, he rushed to take shower. Standing under the shower he tried to process his thoughts. Today was supposed to be a special day. He went to temple after many years to pray for her. And his prayers were answered. Ofcourse it was all due to her dedication, hard work and good intention. He planned and arranged to send her bouquet at the right moment. All that he wanted was to see her smile. And she reacted the same way he imagined her. Pulling all his guts, when he finally flirted with her in the kitchen, she enjoyed with him. He wiped the water droplets from his face and changed into something casual. He looked at his phone and remembered to text her. It was already 02:00 AM.