The Storm...

Happy new year to all my readers

~

Mrs.Maran reached just in time to witness the chaos Shivani had created. Ashwin was busy moving here and there collecting her mobile, charger, hair clips, car key, Fresh juice.

"Vaanga athai. Ready ayitu irukka" he said doing his chores.

"Nee eppo vandha Ashwin?"

"Morning flight la atha...." As both heard the microwave oven beep. "oru nimisham". He rushed to the kitchen and came out with a bowl of mushroom pasta.

"Rakshan enga pa??"

"Avan arrangements cross check panna poi irukkan." He again rushed to the kitchen and came out with another glass of fresh juice for Malini and a fork in the other hand. He passed her the glass of juice and kept the fort next to the pasta making it easy for her.

"Ellam ready pannalana, time ayiduchunu, sapudama kelambiduva" he explained to Mrs. Maran as he took the work towel off his shoulders and wiped his face.

"Adhu correct than" she replied with a chuckle.

"Periyamma vandhuteengala? Indha poo vachi vidunga seekiram" she said running towards her in haste. "Appuram..Indha Pin podunga". Mrs.Maran smiled and helped her adore the flower in her hair. She might be a CEO. And today her achievements were a new milestone for her. But when it comes to self care, she always needed a helping hand since she was kid, a teenager and even today.

"Seri sollunga. Nan eppadi irukken??" she asked twirling around her simple and ethnic Anarkali. She had matched it with chocker and a simple yet elegant diamond Stud that Nisha lent exactly in the right moment. As Nisha Predicted, the Stud completed her look. She braided her hair into fish tail and the jasmine flower completed her looks.

"Yen Rasathi..Romba azhaga irukka. Suthi than podanum" Mrs. Maran blessed her and she turned to look at Ashwin who raised his three fingers indicating "Super" and mouthed "Beautiful" and winked at her.

When Mrs.Maran went into the kitchen to dispose the empty glass, Shivani quickly rushed to his side and pecked his cheeks. "Romba nervous ah irukku" she said in between her wide smile. "You will rock as usual Milady" he said and kissed her forehead light making sure her makeup wasn't disturbed.

"Idhuku kudukamale irukalam" she complained in between her pasta and added "Cupboard la pudhu shirt vachi irukken. Purple shirt! Ennoda suit ku matching ah. Potutu seekiram va. I will be waiting in the venue" she said.

"Seri ma! Seekiram kelambu. You can't be late" he said gently wiping her lips with the tissue again concentrating on not ruining her makeup. "Lip Stick ellam pochu. Car la pogum podhu konjam touch up pannu" he advised. Being an actor, it became his occupational habit. "Unnalam vachikittu" she cursed before jogging off to the car. This subtle act was not missed by Mrs. Maran but she decided to keep quiet and stayed in the kitchen entrance and smiled at them.

~

"Devi Girl Child Wellness program" Shivani's smiled the moment she clicked the button inaugurating the event and the title appeared on the projector. Her eyes involuntarily looked for Rakshan in the crowd who stood beside her since the day she told him about her wish. He blinked his eyes right on time and assured her that he was right there.

She looked at Ashwin who was right next to him with the same happiness as her. His amazed expression when he first read her proposal was still etched in her mind. Mr. Maran was sitting there with his usual expressionless face and Mrs. Maran was indeed in tears like her.