#Wedding

"Mapla! Yen thangachi ku samaika theriyadhu. Vizhama nadakka theriyadhu. Romba kovam varum. Idha vida unakku best opportunity illa. Appadiye Kasikku poidu.." The crowd laughed at Rakshan's remark.

Kashi Yathra is an interesting activity in weddings. Ashwin was offered an umbrella, walking stick and minimal food to leave to Kashi leaving behind all worldly pleasures. The priest asked the father of the bride to convince the groom to drop the idea of leaving to Kashi and marry their daughter. Rakshan volunteered to do that.

While Ashwin was waiting to be called back by Rakshan, all that he did was advising him to run away.

"Dei paduthadha. Thallu. Nan ulla poren"

"Enna mapla ippadi erangitta"

"Nan konja late panna kooda, unga amma, yen amma rendu perum avalukku vera paiyana pathuruvanga" he whispered.

"Rendu perum friends ah??" the priest asked Mrs. Arunachalam.

"Aama nga..Chinna vayasula irundhu. Best friends" she said looking at them fighting at the entrance of the wedding hall like kids.

"Adellam mudiyadhu. Nee po mapla. Nee nadanthu Kasi ku poga vendam. Nan flight book panni tharen" Ashwin glared and the crowd laughed and cheered for Rakshan. Even Mr.Maran and Mr.Arunachalam smirked at the chaos created by the boys.

"Thambi, Naazhi aagudhu, oru mudivukku vanga" the priest reminded.

"Dei..podhum velaiyadunadu." Malini warned Rakshan.

"Mapla. Nan unna warn pannen. Nee than kekala. Inime un vazhkaiku nan porupilla. Vandhu thola" he said only to earn a smack from Malini again.

~

Once Ashwin entered the mandap, Rakshan did the padha puja as the bride's brother.

"Machan nalla panra. Un kalyanathula appo than nan pannuven" Ashwin casually chided while Rakshan momentarily stopped. The fact that Pavithra didn't want to get married anytime soon disturbed him.

Shivani was called and they were asked to exchange garland as first step of the wedding. Rakshan and Shakthi lifted Shivani. When Ashwin looked at SAM for help, all that he got in response was "Poda!".

Ashwin didn't have to struggle much. He just had to step on his toes a little to put the garland around her.

"Enna anne. Ivlo thana un talent. Easy ah potutaru..." she complained when they pulled her down.

"Ada poma. Avan Lic building ku tough kudukka valandhavan. Nan ivlo pannadhe jasthi"

"Irundhalum Thalaivi..neenga innum konjam valandhu irukkalam" Shakthi chided and hifi- ed Rakshan. While she pouted, Ashwin laughed.

~

"Ma...appa peru sollungo.." the iyer asked, to recite the same in his mantra for Kanyadhanam and Shivani didn't hesitate to say "Appa Illa" creating a little commotion on the dias.

This is a ceremony where the bride's parents give her to the groom and requests him to take care of their daughter for the rest of their life. But Shivani loathed that man. For every moment she and her mother spent with insecurity, that man was the reason. Sitting in front of the sacred fire, right next to the man she loved, saying her father's name felt like a sin, a mistake.

While she was lost for a moment, Ashwin squeezed his palms. She smiled at him as if conveying that she was fine. The priest who not bothered about any of this looked at Mrs. Maran and asked "Kanya-dhanam yaaru panna poringa??"