Proud of you!!

Mr. and Mrs. Arunachalam, Nisha, Dr. Arvind and his mother were watching the live stream of the medical college inauguration. Mr. Maran and Shivani took turns to inaugurate the medical college. She looked elegant in the podium and even her speaking skills seemed to have improved a lot. Mr. Maran was perfect on the dias as usual. While Mrs. Arunachalam and Nisha were flaunting Shivani about how she transitioned from a messy girl to a women , Mr. Arunachalam's eyes were fixed on something else. She looked considerably tensed and whenever possible stole glances with Mr. Maran. Rakshan and Mrs. Maran were spotted in the VIP rows in the front. While Mrs. Maran looked bored after sometime, Rakshan seemed conscious throughout.

~

Hotel Grand Chola, Chennai :

Leaving Mrs. Maran in Shivani's room, Shivani , Rakshan and Mr.Maran settled in Mr.Maran room for discussion over dinner.

"Periyappa. Enakku enna solradhu ne therila ? IT raid? Seriously? Krishnan cannot come out of his house for the next 3 days" she chuckled as her fork played with the starter.

"Periyappa. I am curious about something. Isnt IT Raid a risk. What if it backfires? What if he takes AK group name anywhere leading to commotion??"

"Indeed he will Shivani. But it is a calculated risk." Mr.Maran said as he switched ON the television that was broadcasting the raid news. "Amongst those officers, Andha blue sattai, namma aalu. He will secretly dispose off any controversial document that he will come across" Mr.Maran said munching his food. "So Krishnan's words will not have any substantial proof." he said. Rakshan and Shivani looked at each other.

"Appo IT raid end la, Krishnan will be locked up? Is that your plan?" Rakshan questioned.

"Yes. He will be behind the bar with his son forever."

"Er..appa..unmaiya sollunga..Karthik mela vizhundha scandal unmaiya??"

"yes.."

"how did the girl lodge a complaint exactly on the next day of my accident?" Rakshan asked.

"Well. When someone promised complete security for the girl's family, she just got the confidence to lodge complaint" Shivani thought to herself as her eyes and hands were busy shifting between the starter and main course.

Mr.Maran and Shivani were quiet. They had their dinner and Rakshan get up first complaining that there was no signal in his phone.

"Jammer ON la irukku. Signal varadhu" Mr. Maran said casually. Rakshan was shocked for moment and Shivani almost chocked her food. Shivani's lips curved upwards while Rakshan shook his head in dismay. For him, he suddenly looked like a don who appears in movies. As soon as Rakshan left,

"periyappa, the documents that your men will discard, will that include the evidence of my marriage certificate scam?"

"Hmm...yes!"

"Thank you!" she said and there was awkward silence again.

"Why does Nisha wants divorce??" he asked finally.

"Because she cannot bear Sam's baby. She cannot give an heir to AK Groups. And she thinks SAM deserves someone better". she replied keeping her spoon down, wiping the corner of her mouth with a tissue.

For a moment, Mr. Maran stopped eating. His hands shivered unknowingly and Shivani noticed it. "Does Malini know??" he asked "Ava Thaanga maata"

"She doesn't know. Even SAM doesn't know this. But Trust me! Therinjalum, SAM will not divorce her. Sam ku akka than ellame. Also with the advance technologies, I am sure, we can find a way. Don't worry" she squeezed his shivering palms on the table for a moment and he looked at her.