Scared to Embrace Happiness!!

Days moved quick. It was almost 10 days since they returned from GOA. Rakshan had already left to Singapore for his conference. Sam was busy with the Arrangements for his parents and Nisha to leave for London within a week. Though Shivani acted ignorant, she quietly observed Mr. Maran. Her project was supposed to hit the floor soon. She engaged herself deep into the paper-works and occasionally visited office. Ashwin kept himself busy in the hospital staying beside his mom giving her the moral support that was needed. His father still hadn't agreed to meet him.

~

Coimbatore Airport,

Since Mr. Arunachalam was sick, there were more formalities in making him travel. Sam was taking care of the formalities. Nisha, Shivani and the elders were having general discussion.

"Dei..Papers..en kitta kudu..Nan pathukaren! Nee poyi avangala send off pannu" Ashwin said grabbing the papers from SAM.

Sam knew why he did that. He was giving him an opportunity to talk to Nisha before she leaves. The brothers never spoke much to each other. They never stood up for each other in public. But at the same time never failed to understand each other. When Sam moved towards Shivani and Nisha, Shivani quietly moved aside giving the couple the privacy they needed.

"Ellam pack panitiya??" Sam asked after a moment of thought.

"Panitten SAM"

"Papers ellam?? Correcta irukku"

"Hmm...Don't worry.. nan pathukaren" she said in assuring tone.

"I am leaving to CANADA in another 10 days. I will come to LONDON once I re-join work"

"Sure..."

They stood in silence for few moments until the call from recorded voice alerted them. Without hesitating, he pulled her in his embrace for a tight hug. Though initially shocked, Nisha recovered and patted his back.

"Thank you So much! I will visit you soon. Take care of yourself !!" he finally managed to say

Their mothers who were unaware of the Divorce mess that their kids had created, just smiled. Mr. Maran, as usual, preferred to stay silent. It indeed gave me a small relief that his daughter's life was not as vulnerable as he feared. Shivani's eyes searched Ashwin that moment. Will his embrace give her the comfort that she is looking for recently?? She wondered.

~

"Shivani..sapda va??" Periyamma shouted from the living room.

As Shivani settled in the dining table with Mr. Maran, Mrs. Maran began to serve hot dosas with green chutney. She got a little excited over the green chutney and took a bite of hot dosa in haste clearly burning her tongue.

Sss.....

"Pathu ma!" his voice echoed in her ears that she instantly turned to see if he was next to her. No he wasn't there. Disappointment engulfed her. Nowadays, every damn thing seemed to remind him. One month, just month, why did she get so much used to his pampering. The green chutney definitely didn't taste like the one that Ashwin made. That man always ensured, she had her food on time. For someone, who always stayed back in office until 8, she started leaving on time since he would be waiting for her to join him for dinner. She gulped the remaining dosa in the plate and left without a word.

~

It was almost midnight when Sam and Ashwin entered the house. It was a long day at the airport.

"Dei...Dinner order pannidalama?" SAM asked looking at his phone browsing the food delivery app.

"Illa da...Let me make something quick. I want to eat homemade" Ashwin murmured and left to the kitchen and SAM followed him. Since SAM doesn't know how to cook, he settled down on the kitchen counter lost in his own thoughts.