Lessons Learnt?

"You had no freaking idea that she could be committed. I can't believe it" Krishnan(Karthick's father) asked with his drink in hand

"No dad!" she didn't look committed. I was kind of pretty sure. Where did this Ashwin come in between??" he murmured.

"That's OK Karthick"

"That isn't OK dad. I had so many plans using her."

"If you thought you could acquire AK groups with Shivani as a bait, then you are wrong. Shivani has same experience in this business like yours. Had you successfully made her your girlfriend, then she would have exposed you much sooner.."

And

"Remember, Shivani is not the heir of AK Groups. We cannot use her as a bait against Arunachalam. Good that his sons don't stand in our way for now"

Karthik thought for a bit. His father was right. Shivani was not one of those dumb girls, who dated him for designer bags and luxurious lifestyle. Had he dated her,  Keeping Shivani close to him will only delay his ambition to acquire AK Groups.

"Still I can't take the fact that she is not mine!" he murmured drinking the last sip.

"Could that be a plot??" Krishnan asked.

"No. I met them. The way she looked at him..." he stopped in between and remembered the moment where Ashwin held her hands and she blushed. The way they look at each other. The way he took care of her! The way she showed him the knife asking Ashwin to keep the carrot down. That was a kind of intimacy he never bothered to have with his countless girlfriends. Karthik broke the glass in his hand. For all the happy smiles they shared in front him, for the arrogance that Ashwin showed him, he will make both of them pay.

"Karthick Quiet down! Legal advisor Mr. Maran is here" Krishnan warned Karthick and welcomed the gentleman who had just come to visit them.

~

Night 09:00 PM

After Karthick's hidden blackmail about the upcoming board meeting, Shivani was very much worried which indeed spoilt her work. After looking at her state, Ashwin offered to help her with menial works

Both of them settled in her work room to do the work. He was working in the rolling chair while she comfortably settled in the bed. Initially he would ask her so many questions on how to proceed further. Later he picked his pace and started working independently. But Shivani could not sit idle. She kept giving him directions.

"Calm down Shivani. You need to rest well to recover soon!" he said finally.

"yeah But!"

"Don't Forget, I hold an MBA Too!" he said his eyes still focussed on Shivani's laptop.

"Ashwiney! I am bored. I cannot sit idle when you are doing my work"

"Then do my work!" he suggested. He went to his room and brought 2 big files.

"Shivani! These are scripts for next project. Read them and give me your feedback. I am planning to choose 1."

"Ashwin! I don't know much about this.. what if my choice is not right? I can't take such a risk" she declared.

"Maa.. just give me your opinion. I will decide only after reading the script myself. You will like it. Think of it like reading a story book"

Shivani liked the idea and picked one of the scripts.

~

Morning 05:00 AM,