Chap 6- An unexpected member-2

I couldn't believe the fact that I had a daughter. This guy isn't even 30! The look of surprise was something I could not hide...

I looked at Janiel and with eyes he replied in affirmative to my question. Wtf! I was never told that after living a virgin for 35 years, I would become a father at 28!? This is scam!

"Em...peror?" As if bring me back to reality, she called me, though she was not able to remove the shock from my face. "Um... I apologise for suddenly interrupting, and surprising you..."

Do they think I am surprised because she came down? No young lady! I am surprised because you are my daughter! A-anyways, "Its fine princess, continue with what you wanted to say."

"Emperor, please allow the poor peasants to take loan and forgive their previous debts. They really were scammed."

At this moment there were gasps to be heard. I guess they would not be expecting her to defy me. But come to think of it, so many peasants of a particular area only are unable to pay taxes. This has to be something fishy. Earlier I was angry that's why I didn't pay attention to it. But...

"Your Highness, may I?" A man who had long blue hair till his waist with green eyes of emerald colour came forth and said. He was wearing a white traditional outfit. "Yes you may."

"The princess is lying."
"...."
"...."
"...."
Say something someone! This is soo awkward! Princess? Speak up!

I looked at her to see anger in her eyes, pure rage. Why is she not speaking?

"I understand the princess might be of age to not accept the reality and try to do things against the current order..." Dude say rebellious! "But please know that there are some rules and regulations, the princess must follow. The princess can't waste the time of court for her pleasure or to protect her adolescent heart. There are some cruel realities, that even the princess would have to accept." Dude say she can't be rebellious in the royal court!

I looked at her and she really felt like she wanted to tear his mouth off. But what is stopping her? Her position?
"Your highness, let me tell you the truth. The peasants planned all of this to gain your sympathy and royal money." Oh lala! "Please don't believe the princess. This happens with anyone when they are at this age."

I don't think she is lying. Just maybe not able to speak. "Princess. Is it true that you are lying?" She just silently bowed head. "Princess, of you want to talk back to this guy you can. No one would stop you until we are here."

When I said this she looked pleasantly shocked and I could hear,"that guy" from that guy's mouth. "I am Duke of Leiz, Emperor." "For a Duke you sure behave like a man child" at my this sentence, the court burst in laughter. What? I was confused. Am I too brave or was my confidence today, shelem their shits? Anyways...

I could see princess lighten up. "Emperor... If I may... The Duke scammed the people to buy lands on mountains saying it was fertile, but it was just the opposite. He then levied higher taxes than other regions on those peasants and filled his treasury. This is a well planned scheme to earn black money your highness. Please believe me-"

"Duke anything to say AGAINST this?"

"Emperor, as I said the princess is lying."

"I need a solid proof for the same. If you don't then-"

"I don't have a proof, but I would gladly accept any punishment if princess shows the proof against me."

"Princess. Do we have any proof?"

"Unfortunately no your highness."

"Fine. Considering the fact that no one has proof for the statements made, I would give you both 1 week's time to find proof for your statements. If any one party doesn't, then the would be punished along with the offence of lying who ever they might be. I hope that its clear."

"Yes your highness"

"Then we would end court for today."

I just got up the seat and walked off. I concluded this meeting for now. But I truly hope for truth to unveil itself sooner...