Chap 12: The right

So yes after talking about my master plan to get a bride I was looking forward to hear about it from "my" daughter.

And ya well she looked shocked. Obviously, like c'mon it's her getting herself a new mom and all...

"I never thought the Emperor would actually use his brain"
Ugh... This kid surely lacks manners.

"Is that how you speak to your father?"
"But you don't mind do you?"

"Well..." That is for sure true. I looked at her to gently smile. Thanks to my efforts these few days, she been smiling around me and not having typical wild thoughts to seek my attention and survive.

I can actually sense that she's happy and getting comfortable around me. I recently got to know why happened between "me" and her mother... "I" killed her for cheating on me.

The amount of hypocrisy this Emperor had was unbelievable, he could cheat openly but she couldn't. I feel bad about it but now it has happened. I can't bring back dead to life, but I can surely not turn alive into dead.

It's understandable why Shariar would have turned who she is today but it's a blessing that she actually is accepting me right now despite of what her OG dad did to her mom.

I didn't realise that I was staring at her for all this while blankly.

"Emperor? What happened?"
"Nothing... I was just thinking how outspoken you have become the past few days haven't you?"
"Oh please..."
"Want to get grounded?"
"Hey!"
"No right? Then behave." I said jokingly to her and even she laughed it off as a joke.

****
"And now for the final part... I would sentence Duke to immediate execution"

It was the day of the court. Finally! This noble man was getting executed, the proof she provided was enough to get him executed and that was what I did. I confiscated all thier family money and executed people of their family cus even they were into this business.

Anyways, and after that it was time for me to announce what I thought about the Empress. Well ya the reaction was shocking. But... It worked well cus people actually didn't think I would use my brain 😅.

But... Since I did, it was decided while the Empress's rights would be updated, the competitions would be held.

I was excited more than the concubines for getting the Empress cus I could finally go on a holiday. Yes! And yup that was the start of Empress choosing tradition in this empire.

The idea was well liked by the people who wanted progess in society and more rights for women. So this scheme was supported by many.

Time flew by and I took care of some more things while the competitions were being held...

I heard Janiel's stepson hated me as the Emperor and that their relationship wasn't too good. I hardly doubt Janiel would be a bad dad but this Jamie stepson is...

What is he? Why does he hate me so much? Hmm...

These questions kept piling up and I decided to meet that young man out of my way and help people get along well better.

Today was the day I would meet him... I was wearing something which would not look very gaudy yet make sure I was the one incharge of him right now. I don't want him to actually bash at me like the last time.

Duh that was bad...

"Jamie Janiel Shalem is asking for an Audience, my emperor" here comes my boy.

I allowed him to enter. He came in. The clothes he wore were plain but neat. They weren't too gaudy as compared to the ones children his age are supposed to wear but anyways...

This meant that he won't fight today. He wore white. Damn! I have started to look so much at the details of everything... Palace makes you crazy to actually psychoanalyze a person based on even their smallest movements.

No wonder Royals and Nobility pay such attention to how they walk, talk, eat, etc. Let's see what this Jamie boy has to say now.

"Sit" I point at the sofa adjacent to me. He came and sat down. He looked expression less but fact is looking closely, he was sitting stiffly, his sweating a bit trying to avoid my gaze.

Seems like it went bad with step daddy that day. "You can be comfortable with me. Neither your mother or your father are here for you to be scared of. It will just be me and you provided you will be honest with me."

"Yes Emperor"

Hmm, seems like this is gonna be a bit tough. But anyways I will go through it. And so I got to know a new part of "My" life...

Author's Note:

Konnichiwa minnasan, I am actually really very glad at the response of this story I wrote [better that 'being the popstar archmage']...

I would like to Thankyou you all for that. And... Since we already would be reaching the 15th chapter soon I decided to state the aim of this story.

Fact is I have read a lot of manhwas, Mangas and manhuas wherein step parents or adoptive parents or at times even normal parents are shown to be psychopaths but fact is that is not the case everywhere.

Won't lie I actually tried finding out stories with good step parents and adoptive parents [like I raised Cinderella preciously and I became the male lead's adopted daughter] but very few.

So I decided to make this story which would actually show step parents, adoptive parents and biological parents in a different light for all the people who would actually tryna find some good family stories adoptive or step families.

I hope you guys would continue to support me after knowing the aim of me making this story.

Most probably I will go slow on updates since I recently got many other things to do but surely I will be constant in updating it, afterall this is not a normal Isekai or family story... It's smth different... Hehe [and I personally like imagining and updating this one haha].

So ya that was my note. If you would have liked it vote this story up and comment on this.

Ily guys

Let's meet in the next chapter 😊.