Chap:10- The winning

Shahriar's POV:-

It was all good and I was very happy. The man saw me as an asset. The man who killed my mother for cheating on him while he did the same saw me as an asset. The person I don't regret going saw me as an asset.

I do have chance then to establish myself as me and not as someone's wife and daughter. When I saw my mother dying... I thought that I didn't want to be that kind of a person. I was just 3 but that fear creeped in me like a vine and dissolved me as a whole.

I tried to be the best but he didn't notice. Excelling in studies, etiquettes, and every lady like manner seemed to just be an obligation. No matter what, the man who can give me a position of importance, didn't notice me at all.

When I went to the court for the first time after my 12th birthday as it was a compulsory rule for Princesses and concubines above 11 to go to the court gallery and wait to please their husbands [Another shitty rule for women] I saw that the case was being handled unjustly.

I remembered something I read about the land that was sold and found out that the Duke was lying. I stepped in without thinking to save the peasant. I and everyone else thought that I would be dead but that didn't seem to be the case. Rather...

'Introduce yourself'

'Say something of you want to'

'Find proof and show it to me'

He gave me a chance and noticed me. This was the time I thought that my journey to become important had just started. I decided to succeed in it.

*****

I paired up with my cousin, Jamie to know more about Duke and gather information against him. I worked heard and got a lot of proof against him. I was just about ti show it to the Emperor when Jamie started to say bad things about him. I was scared as someone would overhear him and we'll get in trouble.

He was never a bad Emperor rather he seemed to be least interested in changing something but quite intelligent and carrying on with his own work. He was unbiased was what I found out. When I thought of that....

"Jamie!"

Sir Janiel, Emperor's aide and Jamie's Step father along with Emperor Shamel! This was a disaster. I thought he would get punished and so I decided to move away from those two and rather go to the emperor to give my proof.
*****

'Who maintains a corruption record?'

What hurt me was that my dream to become important shattered thoughts like he was involved in corruption, he is biased, etc came to my mind, and being unable to control and unable to leave, I cried.

Those bottled up feelings for a long time, the bias that I faced as a child of a concubine whose mother cheated... My exhaustion took over and I couldn't help but cry.

But what surprised me more was that he was there and rather didn't discard me no matter my demeanor.

'I never knew you were this talented'

This was when I realised that he saw me as an asset and that he wouldn't discard me. This was also when I thought to suck up to importance and not meet a pitiful end as my mother.

I smiled a devilish smile.

Shamel's POV:-

Seeing her smile like that... I feel like she's thinking of something again. Well she's just a kid I would be able to handle it... Maybe?

"Come on now wipe thise tears off. They don't look good on a young lady like you."

No! Incest is allowed she would feel something wrong if I say this. I need to not make her feel bad and... Sex? Yes but with your own daughter? Gross.

"And... My daughter... should not be sad anyways." She won't misunderstand ryt? I wiped off her tears with my hand. "Sweet heart... You are the princess of this country now aren't you? So my first daughter and first Princess of this country should not be sad. Don't be like that ok? If anyone troubles you speak to it about someone rather than crying. And about the proof you nailed it. You won against the Duke. Just present this tommorow in the court ok?"

"Yes Emperor. Um.... Emperor?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to spend the night with me?"

"*Chokes* D-doing what?"

"Whatever you want... Like.... Something what adul- ouch" I found her giving a light wick on her head. And here I tried to clarify things about me not wanting incest with her and she honestly wants sex with me? C'mon!

"Listen now you cheeky brat" I squeezed her cheeks. "I don't want anything form you. Just act as the first princess and my daughter and a helping hand to me ok? Don't think of incest. I don't want you to do adult things with me thanks."

"Oh-oh k I undershtand... Leave me I cant shpeak " I left her alone.

"You promise to not say that again?"

"Yes I do. "

I smiled... This was because I knew that it was a beginning to start my doom avoidance journey. Yes....