Ch 15: Changes in empire

It was big trouble to stop Shariar from not crying again. Are step mother's that bad? Ahh! Whatever at least she went away and that too without crying.

Oof! What else do I have to work on now? I think... Right now, the only two things which require my immediate focus are Women's rights and Empress choosing competition.

I call my brother Janiel inside... Since women here are considered as pests, no lower than them, the most important thing right now is to stop abuse against them, stop female infanticide and also allow them equal wages and other natural rights for women.

I, with Janiel's help, summarised all these points in the document and asked him to announce an official royal notice that whoever goes against these laws will have their limbs cut off as a result and their family's possessions will come to the government.

It was also mentioned in the document that women can complain if she is being harassed. I just hope for these people to stand up for themselves.

I also issued a notice that polygamy would be banned in the Empire. There would be only monogamy for normal citizens and nobles too.

I even added a law about everyone in the empire regardless of being a man or woman having to learn some martial arts or some weaponry for self-defence. Also because right now, no one wants to join the army and our army is weak, at least some people will join the army after this or at least we'll not experience a lot of loss if someone attacks us out of the blue.

I earlier introduced some changes in the trade laws of the country. I even asked the emperors of other empires who traded with us to update a few things in their policies if they wanted to continue trading with our empire.

They laughed on hearing my policies but now they are crying in a corner. They are kinda good tho, at least they agreed on updating their policies for trade with us.

Anyways thanks to what I did earlier, the GDP of the Empire has increased a lot. I can easily see around a 13% increase in GDP rate the compared to last 7-8 months when I just came here...

Ahh! How time flies.

Anyways thanks to that first thing I did after coming here, the lifestyle of people has become better thanks to higher income.

The situation has gotten quite better than it was before but it still has a long way to go.

The number of people who come to the capital has now increased as well. My royal treasury is also increasing. People who weren't able to pay their debts earlier thanks to my trading policy changes, now they could pay off their debts and even have a good meal. Many of them even earn a steady income now. This is because the cash they could have to spend for themselves has increased.

Due to that literacy is given more importance. The number of people who work in the admin office has increased. The situation of the Empire has gotten a lot better than it was earlier.

I hope the pace of improvement remains the same. I have pulled out of the empire from the dire situation it was in after many efforts. If someone was to spoil it they should better say their goodbyes to the world. Because I won't spare them at all.

I looked beside me, Janiel was sitting beside me doing some edits told by me in the laws that were just dictated by me. That reminded me...

"How is Jamie?"

"I am sorry?" Janiel seemed shocked that I suddenly asked about his son.

"Jamie, how is he?"

"Oh... Umm, he seemed to be doing well, for some reason, it felt as if he was a bit happy after meeting you that day. We did talk with each other and solved the matter honestly. Emperor, may I ask what happened?"

"Why are you so worried about him always? " I chuckled a bit. He's been on to ask me what happened that day a lot. Well, I promised Jamie that whatever happened won't leak outside.

"Well, even the emperor keeps asking me about Jamie after that day and so do I keep asking about what happened that day," he said smiling. Gaah! This Hansome man. He has started to smile a lot nowadays seems like he has started to relax a bit and be more of a family man rather than drowning himself in work.

"Well, he seems to be a lot happier than he was before nowadays. So I keep asking what happened. " I said.

"I see..." He started, "Emperor Jamie seems to have started to open himself more to me, being vocal about what he wants and what he doesn't. After that when we talked, seems like he has gotten more comfortable around me. That's why since he doesn't have pent up anger in himself, he's become more expressive"

"I see. That's a great improvement isn't it?" He did a lot of research to get to this point about understanding his son.

"It sure is Emperor and I am glad about it" he replied.

"Well, it's not only Jamie who has become better, it's also you."

"Me? Emperor?" He said amazed.

"Yes. You have started to smile more nowadays. Earlier you were stricter with your juniors at work but now you seem to let go of their small mistakes. You even seem to have gotten closer to your subordinates."

"Oh I see... I see"

He became shy and so he tried looking away from me and in the paper he had.

I could still see faint smile, which he was trying so hard to control, on his face. I am very sure he would improve more gradually in the future.

I wished for him to be happy in the future.