Chap-8: Introducing The Sibling

"Hey Janiel" I asked while seeing the extravagant dance performance in front of me. Since this is the only mode of entertainment for me at this time period, and since I just got a little free time from the Emperor's duties, which this OG idiot didn't used to do at all and now I that I had completed his pending task, I decided to just let my self enjoy this dance. But I came to realise something.

"Yes, My Emperor. May I do something for you?" He was standing right behind me and bent a bit to listen to me.

"I want something better to eat with this. Something spicy probably. This seems too sweet." Not like I hate sweet but for some reason the food in this palace is sweet only.

"I understand my Emperor. I will ask them to do so right away."

"Did I like sweet dishes before."

"Yes"

"As them to not give me sweet foods anymore. I am sick of it... Afterall... When it becomes too sweet, it feels bitter right?"

I looked at Janiel. He understood my clue. I some days ago saw a maid seduce Janiel to convey a message from some noble to solve some political issues against their house by give and take [corruption].

Ofcourse Janiel did not give in to shit and thankfully used her as weapon to take out the criminal's confession, but still it concerned me. That's why am officially talking to him about this rn such that he would convey it to others to and pay more attention towards others for the same.

"People who give me sweets cut off the sweetness of body from them. Cut of those hands that give me sweets. Cut of the feet that walk towards me for the same. " Basically cut their penis, hands and legs off. I dont want nonsense and scandles of this now.

Janiel looked surprised but agreed. Well, I am the bad ass here. Idc about others.

"That's enough." I walked out of the room. It was getting boring now. Why? I talked about people currying favour from me for the sake of their well-being and now my day was ruined and life was scared.

I thought to get back at work when I saw my little princess in the palace, in front of my study. She seemed to be waiting for someone.

"Pr-"
"PRINCESS!" I saw a black haired purple eyed boy running towards my silver haired red eyed girl. What? Her boyfriend?

"Ah! You came. I was so worried. Give me the papers now and I will go to Emperor showing him the immediate proof of what the Duke Liez has been doing."
"Yes if we give this document today, we won't have to wait till 2 more days to prove that Duke is wrong."
"Yes"
"We won't have to also bow down to that bastard incompetent Emperor."
Bastard! incompetent! Watch that mouth.

"My Emperor should I?" Janiel asked.
"Whose is that black haired?"
"My step son" what? He's married? No... I mean! Gaaah! He's young to think he has an around 12 year old step-son. I thought peeps don't generally marry widows but.... Forget it!

"So that's incest?" The black haired guy is my half brother's step son making him my daughter's step cousin... I-
"Pardon me?"
"Nothing just my dirty brain speaking up after seeing them togather."
I hope they stay true to their sibling or at least friends relationship rather than falling into incest and shit. I would die if I see this here. Damn!

"For how long have you been married? I mean you and your wife?"
"For about two years now."
"Stop your step-son but don't be too harsh. When living with step-parents, often due to small incidences, a bond is shattered for a life time."
"I.... Understand. My Emperor... Excuse me then."
"Ask princess to come meet me in garden. I would be there."
"Yes Emperor."

*****
Janiel's POV:-

When I saw my step-son over there with the princess cursing the Emperor, I was scared and upset at the same time. The emperor was someone of a kind heart. He started to change recently and do something for betterment of the empire but that doesn't mean he had to talk like that about him.

I was scared as to how he would react but...

"Stop your step-son but don't be too harsh. When living with step-parents, often due to small incidences, a bond is shattered for a life time."

It really felt like the emperor had gone through something similar in the past considering his tone, it was not a pleasant memory.

When the Emperor went, I decided to go to him and stop him.

"That money sucking Emperor-"
"JAMIE!" They both flinched. I turned towards the princess and said "princess, if you are looking for the emperor, he might be in the garden behind."
"Excuse me then." The princess left.

I was alone with Jamie in the hallway.
"I heard everything you said. Don't you feel ashamed?"
"Rather I should feel ashamed that my father is working for a douche like him."
"Where did you learn that word?! And! " I saw him glaring at me. This... I remembered the words of the emperor. I tried to calm down and said to him "Go home. We will talk when we both would have calmed down."
"You!"
"LEAVE!" He turned and left without a word. Not like I was the best father but this incident surely made me concerned for his future....