Chap-9 Her winning

So yes Janiel's step-son did say many mean things to me due to which I was very hurt but let's agree who would scold a child in his early adolescent year? Bro he might kill me in the future if anything. Give me a break! I have been trying to avoid death flags, I don't want my own nephew? To kill me? Well he's my half-brother's step-son so...

Anyways I was in the garden I was just come here because I didn't know where to go. It just was awkward so I left. Dam!

"Emperor!" I turn behind. This voice....

It was the princess. Why did she.... Oh the proof!

She seemed exited, rather happy for once. I thought she had some facial problem to keep her face always stoic.

"Princess please..." The gaurds tried to stop her understandable they are doing their jobs and that too damn well. Good!

"Let her come" the gaurds removed the barrier to let her in. She ran and came towards me. "I did tell you not to run once I think right? How many times should I remind you?" Dear this kid will..... "you will fall straight on your nose one day. What is it that you are sprinting for?"

"That... Proof! Proof of Duke embezzling money and cheating local farmers. I got it. Here his diary which has embezzlement funds too."

"Who the hell maintains a diary for embezzled funds? " Like this is ridiculous. But the way I saw her face gloom down to returning to cold once again, I regretted commenting that. "I apologise if the proof was not enough." She stood straight and was about to leave when I tried to stop her. "Hey stop."

"No Emperor, I will find a better proof."

This idiot, I hold her arm. "When I say stop, I have a reason. Look at me" she seemed dark in expression. "I said-"
"Fine! Look!" She turned and what I saw was tears in her eyes. She was on the verge of crying. I felt very bad now. Just imagine working so hard for something and not getting appreciated...

I have... Gone through that and I ....

"Don't cry now" wait that sounded mean. I- HOW THE HELL DO YOU COMFORT OTHERS AGAIN?!

"Don't- " I wiped her tears off. "I didn't mean to look down on your work. I was just surprised that someone actually kept a book of embezzlement. I didn't know it would- " her tears started to flow more uncontrollably. Dear God help me! "Hic- hic-"

She started to wipe off her own tears damn! Is this some sort of a pre-teen thing? "Don't cry! I haven't even done anything to you it's ok!"

What is it? Why did she think I was mean to her. There has to some other reason. What?

I don't care! I pull her closer to my chest and hug her. I know it's awkward to hug her out of the blue but let's agree what to do when you teenage daughter is having a break down?

"It's ok. I am here"
"Waah uh uh uh waah...." Don't make me feel the bad guy damn! And don't intensify your crying.

"It's really ok..." And for how long do I have to do this?

Some time later:-

We were still in the garden sitting near a tree and and she was sobbing very badly, even the gaurds for a while started to hesitate in the end I sent them away. I hope everything would be fine at Janiel's end. I didn't see him for a while.

"Sob... *Ahem*" I guess she's coming back to it.
"Do we feel better?"
"Yes Emperor. I apologise for making you feel uncomfortable."
"It's fine. I never knew I had a talent like you. If you would not have spoken up that day, you would have never caught my attention. So, this much is fine."
"..."

Shariar's POV:-

I was always the first princess of the empire but... Without a mother... I was respected but... Despised. In the palace I couldn't trust anyone... Not even this man who fathered me...

Why?

He killed her. She cheated on him. She was not a bad woman. But he took away the only person I could share my feelings with as I knew she wouldn't judge me. But he took her away. I understand her I understand him but when he can cheat on her by having concubines why can't she? Everyone in this harem cheat on him and even he keeps buying new concubines. Everyone in this palace is a cheater. Why can't my mom who is the same be left to live?

I hence decided that I would need some important position if I wanted to stay alive. When I saw injustice happening in court, I didn't care at that time to put my life in it, I thought he would take out my mother's grudge on me... But he gave me a chance!

I grabbed it but still am damn sure that I wouldn't get a fair round. He warned me once to stay in limits. And...

"Who the hell maintains a diary for embezzled funds? "

I knew it he would never give women a fair chance... but when I was about to leave... he stopped me.

I thought he would either be sad with me or get angry and throw me away but he cajoled me... To stop crying...

This man... He's suspicious. Why did he become so affectionate with me? I tried my best till now to be the reputed princess but this was... I didn't know the feeling... I was thinking when he said...

"It's fine. I never knew I had a talent like you. If you would not have spoken up that day, you would have never caught my attention. So, this much is fine."

Oh so he sees me as an asset. Great! This is much better than I thought. This chance I will grab it to succeed one day. I smiled the devilish laugh....