Ch 18: The second round

Samantha had already lost most of her strength so it was easy for me to take over her now.

I used the thousand persimmon technique at her combined with running horse.

But she was able to defend me from start. Despite of being tired she was able to actually concentrate and know from where my punch was coming.

This won't work. I need to think of something better quick before the thousand punches were over.

There has to be something! Something-

Ah! It was then that I noticed she used to dodge my punches around the ring is one pattern while defending herself.

When one round around the ring was over and she was about to start going on the same positions again, I stopped punching her.

For a moment even she flinched because I stopped the thousand persimmon in the middle.

But before she could even blink an eye, I played my next move.

I swung my left leg to kick her face but as expected she dodged it perfectly. Though, she just missed my kick from taking a small step backwards m she gave me a chance.

Now!

Before my left leg could touch the ground, I bent my body backwards and with my right leg I hit the area above her neck and below the chin, i.e. her lower jaw.

Then, I put my hand backwards which supported my body allow it to do a flip and come back to my normal position.

I was almost out of breath now. So much so that I felt I could not fight anymore.

Gosh! I need to increase my stamina before the second round. I saw in front of me to see Samantha almost loosing her balance.

It wasn't long before I saw her fall on ground and loose against me.

I definitely won this round due to my quick presence of mind. Not boasting just making sure that I know my abilities.

"Consort Sheila has won!" The refree announced.

Oof! That was quite a round. Didn't expect the first round to be this hard.
I wonder what will other rounds be like.

That night Samantha was moved to the Kian Territory. That's among one of the most beautiful territories in Empire.

It's sad that she wasn't able to win against me, but seems like she will have a good life ahead.

I was overjoyed that I had won the first round. But it was not the time to celebrate. Right now what I had to do was prepare for the second round.

It was not very late that I got to know one of the finalists for the final competition.

****
It was Consort Viera. Seems like she won the second round too for her competition.

Understood! Now what was left for me was to take over the third competition.

For the first round of brainstorming, the questions were mostly related to internal situation of empire. But for the second round, questions were related to international relations of our empire with other empires and stuff like external trade and all.

For our first competition of martial arts, it was a one on one match but for ghee second one, it would be that all the contestants would be thrown in the ring and whoever takes over all four of them, would win the match.
There were 4 contestants for this round who passed the first round.

So in the second round for me, it will be so that I will be fighting against four other consorts and whoever wins will be able to become the finalist for the final round. That round will then decide that who will become the Empress.

It was late at night. But I was not able to sleep for some reason. I thought of taking a walk outside in the garden.

The moon was shining brightly. The sky was dark and without any stars in there. While walking I thought what would be the outcome of tommorow's match. I was anxious but also excited for the next day.

*****

The second round began today. It was Consort Sahana, Consort Ahana and Consort Tresha against me today.

I feel suspicious when faced with these consorts but I exactly can't pin point why.

"At the count of three" refree started.

Ahana and Sahana are blood related sisters. I don't know about Tresha but it would be a win win for them if they pass this round. Consort Viera is their half-sister.

So if they both team up against me, and then against Tresha, and then 8f they defeat both of us and at the end, they would face each other and one of them wins and goes to the final round, then it would be so that the princess of Delkan Empire became the Empress of Arnia Empire.

Delkan has been our enemy for the longest of the times. If any one of these sisters was to become the Empress, then our empire would be in big trouble.

"Three"

No I can't let this happen! In order to fight a pair, I need to make a pair.

"Two"
We all were positioned at 4 different parts of the ring and since Sahana and Ahana were a pair already which I could very well decipher from the grins they were passing each other. My only choice to form a pair with, was Tresha.

"One"
If I form a pair with her atleast I can stop the vile intentions of these sisters. I will look after Tresha after I defeat these sisters.

"Start"

Now! It's time to show them wha I can do!