Chap 13: My meeting with Jamie

"So..." The silence kills me. Geez... Lemme just ask whatever and let him go.

"What happened that day?"

"What day, emperor?"

"Well the day when I left after hearing your future plan. I hope we wouldn't have forgotten it right?"

He flinched a bit. He really had it from his dad.

"Well, nothing the emperor should be concerned about."

"Did you father scold you?"

"..." His expression darkened.

"You can be frank with me. I was much acutely hurt by the image you had of me in your mind. So if your father would have scolded you, then you can tell me. You can speak your mind right now. Be truthful because I really want to talk with you about what happened that day. Understood? I promise that this conversation won't go out of here."

"..." He is still quite.

"Yes?"

"Hm?"

"You must have said something right?"

"Um... Well..."

"Jamie. Tell me what I asked. And I want to hear the truth."

"Ok... So... Emperor, father did scold me that day. He said it could be considered as treason against the royal family."

"I see... Is he a good father?"
Well ya he is loyal but I can't say weather he would be kind or not.

"I don't really care as long as my mother is happy."

This brat... Why are all these kids so weird? Firstly my own daughter and now this brat! What kind of parents are we?

" Jamie. If I cared about your mother I would not have called you here. She was not the one who said it to me. It was you. So whatever questions I will ask, it would revolve around you. So think and answer."

"Yes Emperor"

"Lets start again then. Is he a good father?"

"Well yes. I actually don't interact a lot with him. We just share the important things. But fact is my biological father was abusive. He died due to an illness and that's how my mother remarried my current father. I thought he would be the same. But he was surprisingly nice to me. He didn't really seem to care a lot about me at first but as time passed my I saw how close and affectionate he was with my mother. He never hit me. What shocked me was for my mistakes he didn't even scold me. He is not the kind to actually actively show affection but I am happy with the current relationship we have, even though we don't talk much with each other. "

"Seems like he got angry at you for the first time huh?"

I think I worried without any reason. Janiel seemed nice like a father. Though they don't talk a lot, he is not as bad as the current step parents here.

"That day... He scolded me for the first time. It hurt me... Emperor, I would like to apologise again for that day because fact is, my opinion was based on what commoners said but then I have started to notice change in that opinion too. I am sorry I was quick to judge as even the princess who hated you earlier came to like to later. I really am sorry Emperor. I will not repeat it again."

Ohh repentance huh? I thought he would blow me off in the future, turns out he came to be people's saviour kinda charecter. Well, anyways, my benefit he's nice.

"I see so that's what happened huh? It bothered me for a while as to why did you get ticked off at me so much when we didn't even meet. Anyways, I am glad that you and your step father have a nice relationship even though it needs to be built a bit more. But the fact that he treats you well is something I appreciate."

"Yes Emperor. Well..."

"Go ahead, tell me."

"He seems to be angry at me since I said that about you. Well yes, I can actually see his point of view but, him being disappointed at me and that's why not talking Is something I can't handle. I feel really bad. Can Emperor talk to him, please?"

"Well an honest conversation solves half of the problem. Just when you go home today tell him that you want to talk to him and ask him to listen out to you. You tell him everything about what you felt about me and how that changed. Yes, there are chances he would get angry at you but, he is kind as far as I know so he will forgive you. Ok?"

"Yes Emperor. Thanks a lot."

"I will ask him to not scold you ok? You can be truthful to him about you experience that way. What do you think?"

"Yes, I think that would make things easier for me."

"Ok then. You can always contact me if you want."

"Sure Emperor."

I could see a faint smile on his face. First time seeing it on him. It made me happy that I did solve one thing after coming here. Happy first success to me! Woohoo!

Now I am positive that I can actually make this empire better soon. Yes!
*****

A few days past, I asked Janiel what happened between him and Jamie. Seems like they talked it out with eachother and the matter was solved. I asked Janiel not to scold or hit Jamie no matter what. Seems like he did follow my instruction and I trust him on that.

Jamie still comes to visit the princess and seems like she is becoming happier that way. I am happy too.

I hope this moment doesn't stop.

Author's note:

Oof 😬 that was alot if dialogues but well conversation in this chapter was key so I couldn't really help it. Well but I can give you a choice of side story:

-> A chapter on conversation between Jamie and Janiel [father and son]

Basically it would include more of Jamie's POV and his past and stuff.

->A chapter on conversation between Shariar and Shamel [father and daughter]

This would include Emperor's POV and basically lead to them being bit closer in their relationship.

Lemme know about your Choice in the comments below! 😃