Ch 33: Investigation in the tavern

Now that I was finally out I found myself a tavern to be in.

"I will turn into an eagle. I will fly above you and keep an eye on everyone around." The God suddenly said.

"Ok." It would be more convenient for me too.

I then went in the nearby tavern in the commoner's part of the empire.

Upon entering, I bumped into someone.

"Hey! Look where you going." A boy screamed. Wait... I know this voice.

I looked down. It was Jamie!

Finally! He seemed shocked to see me too.

"Jamie!" Someone called out to him. I think it's Janiel's voice.

I waited for the man to come near him. It was Janiel indeed. When he came to Jamie he said, "Dont run around we-"

"Father, look. Your brother is here." Jamie said.

Janiel looked at me. Dang... He is quite fixated on his son huh?

"Oh thank Goodness you are ok." He let a sigh of relief.

"Me too. Thanks for putting your life on line to save me back then."

"We were quite worried for the past two weeks."

"I know. I am sorry for that. Can I know what happened in these two weeks?"

So I was right about the time going slower down there huh?

"Yes. Can you please follow us? It's not safe to talk about it here."

"I understand."

I followed them down to another place. The eagle was constantly above me. I feel safe somehow. We then entered a house.

Inside there, I saw a woman with golden hair and pink eyes. She looked like the Goddess Jewel I saw earlier.

Who is she? She seemed shocked to see me too.

"Emperor!" She said. Who is she though?! "Layla greets your highness." She bowed to me.

"You may rise." I think not spacing out now would help.

"Mother." Jamie started. Oh so she is Janiel's wife. "Did we get any message from the Empress?"

"Not yet." She replied.

"I see." Jamie said a bit disappointed.

"May I know what has happened?" I asked.

"Emperor..." Janiel started. "Around 2 weeks ago, princess took over your throne and you were forced to save your life. And then I went to save the Empress. She said she will stay in the palace and spy around. So she has been sending us some information of what is happening in the palace. We stayed low because we didn't get any lead of where you would be. There was a announcement from the palace last week that princess will be coronated as the Empress next week. We were supposed to get a map about the secret routes this week but..." He paused for a while before speaking, " I am scared the Empress would have..."

"I understand." So she is rushing the coronation huh? Being a bitch for no reason. "Was that all the princess done ever since?"

"She declared her marriage to Count Lain'd son and also killed a few nobles. Along with that a few policy reforms for the common people." Fuck... She has done so much! I have a lot of work now. I feel like fainting just by thinking about everything I will have to do.

"But why Count's son?"

"The Empress happened to overhear her conversation with Count's son. Seems like they have been in a relationship for a long time. He also seems to be the one who supported her in this."

Damn... This is a bigger problem than expected huh? I think ruining her coronation and having an amazing entry at that time like some main character would look cool but has great risks.

I think I won't go the cliché route. Let's make her weak from the inside. Let's make her feel powerless. Let's make her suffer.

I accept that the OG was shitty but I tried to give love. She didn't accept it and commited treason. That's her fault and I will make sure she pays.

I will make her suffer like how she made me suffer. I think my journey here should end with a bang. Once the other Gods find out about what had happened during the time travel, there are chances that I would be able to go back to my time. Though I would not consider that option but it all depends on what happens from here.

In any case, I will definitely be the Emperor again and take revenge on that stupid daughter of mine. I will also make to punish the ones who upset me.

No traitor will survive. All will perish and that is a promise of mine.