Ch 17: The first round

The first round for the brainstorming team happened yesterday and Consort Sarah, Consort Viera and Consort Selena were chosen.

The other consorts were sent to different provinces for them to rule yesterday itself. The harem has become quieter than it was before.

And today I was facing Consort Samantha. It was the martial arts competition today.

I and the princess stood in front of each other. I took a firm stand on the ground. I fixed my feet in the sand below me. This would allow me to stay in my position for long. The wind slowly blew across the stadium.

"At the count of three." The referee said. I glanced over the princess. She seemed calm. As if she didn't care about the results.

"One" the referee started. I tried to keep a check on each and every movement of hers before the referee counted three.

Samantha put  her left leg behind her right leg. She then put her hands in front of her face.

"Two"

The position which she took was the one which is taken when starting a fight. Her hands were parallel to each other, though her left hand was slightly below her right hand. Her fists were closed.

"Three"

It clicked me that she was going to choose attack. I immediately crossed my hands in front of my face and fixated my right leg, which was behind my left one, on the ground.

The group of my legs on ground was hence enhanced and I took up the defence position. It would be wise to use defence against attack. My position was fixed now. All that was left is...

"Start"

Here it goes!

When we were asked to start the fight, Samantha did a high jump and as if like a bullet shot towards me. In martial arts, when we achieve a certain level of training, we learn a technique by which we are able to jump so high that it looks as if we are flying. This technique is known as Flying serpent.

Another technique is which we shot at a person in a very high speed like an arrow from now, due to running faster than usual is known as the running horse.

When combined these two techniques, it's called the flying horse. This requires years of rigorous practice. The technique which she is using right now is known as the flying horse.

Well it is a pretty hard technique as you expend a lot of energy but it is also useful if you want to have a quick victory over the opponent.

She was fast and fact that she could use the flying horse meant that she was strong too. If I kept on my defence it was likely that I will get thrown out of the ring.

If that happens I will surely loose. This is not something I can afford. She was coming to me like an arrow and at a very high speed. I calculated it would take 2 seconds more for her to reach me.

The best thing to do right now was to dodge but at the right moment. Samantha pulled her right fist back as if she was about to punch me, but before that could happen, I bent down and dodged her successfully. I could feel her body go from above my head.

I got up and turned around to see her still standing on her feet. There was some distance between my position and the place where the ring ended.

The ropes around the ring were tight so I am guessing she must have changed her previous position and turned her body such that her feet faced the rope.

Since the ropes are fitted tightly on poles, it created a bouncing effect when her feet touched the rope and she was able to force stop herself and come back in the ring and stand on the ground.

I am quite impressed by her speed. She would be an amazing governor.
She was able to ricochet from the rope and stand on her feet despite using flying horse and that too taking the same amount of time I took to stand up and look around.

Now it was my turn to attack. For me I was going to use Thousand persimmon technique combined with running horse

Thousand persimmon technique is the one in which we continuously punch a person for a thousand times. It again is a technique whose usefulness depends on its speed. In here we punch the person hard on face but we keep increasing speed and intensity of the punches. It leads to causing an illusion due to which the receiver is unable to guess the place from where the punch would come from.

When that happens, just one chance, one punch and boom, you end up injuring the opponent.

For me, I could see Samnatha breathing heavily that really took a lot of energy of hers. That's why you should work smart and not hard.

Now was my chance to shine. I will surely win this competition!