Chapter 26: Regret

I escaped leaving behind the man who volunteered to save me. It feels like I have done so much for the people to help me and be there for me and even die for me.

I would have been the happiest knowing that I have managed to change my image so much that atleast one person, so much that they are willing to die for me.

I was now in a Hallway that would lead me to the back exit of the palace grounds. I would be able to escape safely from there.

Suddenly before I could escape, I heard someone, "hey! The emperor has escaped."

Damn it! They found out so soon. I am guessing they would be armed but I don't have anything with me to protect me right now.

I could hear footsteps. They were getting closer. There was a small closet in the hallway.

I crouched down and his behind it. I can't believe I am this dumb to not bring anything to protect me. Fuckkkk!

What to do I don't even have anything to protect me. I tried to crouch more. It was worthless I know but there's no use. They will find me out sooner or later. Help! I looked up.

I think this would be the end for me. I was blankly staring at the wall. Please help me with something. Oh--

I suddenly remembered something from the past. It was like the owner of this body was giving me a hint. I could see an old man. He was tall. I could barely see his face. He was holding the hand of a child. Or no. He was holding my hand andI was the child. So the memories were mine.

The old man then extended his arm towards the wall and pressed at a stone which was slightly light coloured than the rest. I thought the colour was washed off because the palace was old but instead it was...

A door opened. I was brought back to reality by the footsteps and also the sound of swords. It seems bloody.

I got up and pressed the same stone. It opened a door for me. This was an escape route.

Welp I do tend to forget that I live in a isekai fantasy and am the Main character so... I was bound to be helped.

I panicked over nothing. I got in. It was dark. I came out. I took the that was placed near the secret door. I could hear people's voices growing louder and louder.

I quickly got in. On my left I saw a lever. I think that will close the door. I pushed it down and yup indeed the door closed. When I was out I could hear some people hating me wishing for me to die and some swearing on their life in my name.

I hate to protect the latter and give them justice. I will punish the ones who defy me for what they have done to my people.

I will make sure. All of them regret. I will surely give them a punishment that would make them wish for death. And that would make sure justice is served to all the people who died for me and all the families that saw their men die today.

You don't mess with a bloody transmigrator goddamnit!

*****
I was trying to see where this path led me to. I hope I escape from this place soon. I will also need to think about a way to take over the empire again.

But how? That is a very important question.

The place was really cramped. Towards the end of the hall way, I could see stairs going down. I took the stairs because there was no other option anyways.

I need to pay attention to the torch because if it goes out then I would be done for.

I slowly go by down to reach a thing like a grand foyer. What is this place?

Looks so sus. And scary.

Do I have any recollections of this place? I stared at the whole place for a while but there was no use. Didn't the man come here ever?

After I came down the stairs, I walked in the middle of the grand foyer. There was a hug design on the floor. It was like a rose. The grand foyer was in a horrendous state. There were rats and there were curtains that were torn and glasses and plates that were broken.

There was another entrance from that grand foyer which led to some place I had no clue about. It seemed like a hallway again but it was behind the table that was broken. It was hard to go there all the mess but I will try.

I can't stay here because if I do, I will be dead.

I slowly started to walk towards the hallway. I wonder what this place would be and what would have happened here? Also where would this place lead me to. I just hope that I stay alive because as long as I am alive, I can do anything. And when I say anything, I mean anything.